Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever just want to die?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I was thinking how I should go. Do it myself or join the Marines and hope I get killed over there? The guy who didn't want me that they say is my dad was/is (once a Marine, always a Marine) so that's kinda cool I guess. I dunno, what do you all think. I hope I don't get kicked off the site, I'm just asking opinions here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sure thing. Life isn't always easy, and even during the smooth times you can feel utterly like crap. Whether there's things going on, or you've got depression, it's easy to feel like it'd be nice for everything to go away. At least for a while.

I'm not sure if this is the perfect place to discuss this (I don't mind it, but someone might) but you can PM me if this gets locked. It might be a good idea to find out if your family has a history of depression, if you don't know what's going on.

Do you know why you feel the way you do; that is, is it for a reason, or just the way you feel?

In either case, I can see where you're coming from. But it's tough times like these that you can rely on your friends and family, or the good folks here. If you ever feel like talking, even just for idle chit-chat, there's always plenty of people here willing to have a talk.

But in the end, being dead would really accoumplish a whole lot of nothing for yourself, and would be even worse for all those you know and love. Dunno, I'm having trouble trying to put it in to words without sounding cliche or cheesy...

Well, I suppose it'd help to know, if you can say, why it is you feel so down? Don't you just hate it when you don't know why? But this, too, shall pass. Jus' hang on.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To answer your original question well ya, a couple of times but then again since then there have been many times I'm glad I didn't follow through. Life has a funny way of kicking you in the n**** and then once you've caught your breath you can see a brighter side. Feel free to PM me. I don't have any good advise for you but would have lots of time to share experiences with ya. Like EST said there are lots of people on the forum that do give a hoot. Give us a chance and you'll feel right at home here. We don't discriminate between plant lovers even though everyone knows that the Drosera species is hands down the best Right Everybody !
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto! I agree with everything said by Droseraguy, right down to his assessment of sundews.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If worst comes to worst i promise you you will love buying a bunch of plants

Ill be prayin for you. even if you dont believe!!!

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno I just want to get outta here. I know everyone on this site are amazing people that care about everyone new or old and that's really cool now in this world today. I dunno what else to say. I have a meeting with a Marine recruiter today and we'll see what happens. Anyone here a Marine?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what your 20s are for... that's the conclusion I've come to. They're for surviving. Just getting through them with most of your limbs intact.

Most of my 20s have been a miserable experience and I've repeatedly been exactly where you are (except I didn't want to join the military ). 30 is coming up on me soon and I think I'm glad for it.

After observing people much older I realized that they barely even remember their 20s. Everything that was so filled with meaning and drama that they went through in their 20s is now just a blur of stupidity they don't even think about anymore. Them looking back on their 20s is like us looking back on when we broke our mom's vase when we were 6... it wasn't a life or death situation... it was just something stupid we did that everyone did when they were 6. No big deal... just part of growing up.

So it isn't a case of your life spiraling downward forever. You're just paying your dues. Very little that drags you down now will even phase you in a decade. When you break a vase now, you just say, "Sorry, Mom. My bad. I'll get you a new one."... rather than crying and hiding in the closet all day. Apply that knowledge to your present and future.

I'm not going to tell you "life will get better"... because life is life. But I will tell you that you'll get better at life. It's inevitable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a fun topic
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast