What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your plants.....

• Thread starter RyanG
  • Start date
ok there is a thread of where u post pics of your self but i want to see your plants! so just post pics of your plants here. i would post pics of mine but i dont have a camera and even if i did i dont know how to put them on my computer and everything

I have wanted to take a group photo for awhile, so here they are.

Everything.

Top Shelf - Mostly Utricularia

Middle Shelf - Pinguicula & Drosera, oh a Nepenthes ramispina as well

Bottom Shelf - Seedlings, new plants etc.

WOW amazeing collection! but what in the world do u do for dormancy?!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
confused.gif

Well, this year I had a room in my house that I left unheated, moved everything that needed dormancy into there.

Next year, I won't be in the same house, so I'll have to see when I get there, I don't have that much that goes dormant. So it shouldn't be to much of an issue.

Oh this reminds me I had a pot of Sarracenia alata x wherryi outside here in Wisconsin all winter, wasn't sure if they would be ok, but I checked on them, and they all had small new growth so it looks like they made it.

Here's a few of mine, "ghetto" fashion:

AF003601.jpg

AF003201.jpg

AF002801.jpg

AF001901.jpg

AR000102.jpg

Drosera_capensis.sized.jpg

AF001001.jpg

AF001101.jpg

Jim your plants soil always looks so wet but mine never stays wet very long. I water and spray them a couple times a day but it don't really work. Why is that?

Great looking plants everyone! I'll try to get some pictures up soon.

James, those droplets aren't water but mucus, constant spraying willl wash it off. Place your plants on trays of shallow water and give them nice bright lighting to get them to devlop those droplets naturally.

I don't have a bunch of pics of my  collection as my website crashed after I did my cuttings for the year and my backup CD Rom was empty so I've nothing cool to show. I'm progressively rephotoing things as they become interesting to look at again. My ever increasing growlist is up at: Growlist
Slowly I'm adding photos cultivation and description info.

For now I can tell you my growing areas are:

Highland Nepenthes chamber(s) 4 x 4 x 2 (my new "one" will be two levels same cooling unit, more floorspace & more light)  two chambers 2 ft x 2 ft x 4 ft with six tubes over each

Lowland/propagation chamber 6 flourescent tubes

Lowland chamber from a converted shower stall w/ 400 Watt metal halide

Cold frame greenhouse 4 ft x 4 ft x 4ft  on deck

Humidity frame/terrarium in the house for houseplants, seeds, etc. 2 ft x 2 ft x 4 ft =4 flourecents

My apartment has signs up that we residents can plant things on the property now so I'm going to have a cool south eastern 2 teir space. The top is about 8 x 8 in a triangle shape  and bottom terrace is about 8 ft x 15 feet. I'm gonna replace all the dirt there with good soil mix and plant some cool hardy exotics like aroids ferns and gingers and try a few cheaper sarracenias in bog  bowls leaving from spring until the fall comes. I wonder how large my alocasia robusta elephant ears will get over summer with some real sun! ...come on 12 foot x 6 foot leaves!
biggrin.gif

The camera used in most of them was one that came with a 2" thick manual, so it was really good quality. It was my suprevisor's and it's the kind they use to make fruits and vegetables so appealing in grocery stores. The one pic, with the Byblis liniflora, live LFS and D. binata are specifically in a swamp.

90gal. tank
image24nd.jpg

other side of the room, looking east. I've got some cps over there somewhere
image210ka.jpg

desk top plants
image121oa.jpg

left side
image197hv.jpg

right side
image208xp.jpg

window above desk
image157nv.jpg

plants are not looking thier best right now, But i love them just the same
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Great plants Voodoo! What kind of lighting do you have on that 90 gallon tank? What's the wattage?

Voodoo that is awsome!!

heres my share, if you want more pics let me know...
nepentheshighlandsetup28ew.jpg

You know... You could just look around the forum to see these pictures for the most part
smile_n_32.gif

I don't have much to show... As most stuff is just now waking up, so there are lots of pots of LFS. haha Those are sarras

Large overview of my g/h... click to see.

P1010468.JPG

P1010469.JPG

P1010470.JPG

P1010471.JPG

P1010472.JPG

....more

P1010473.JPG

P1010474.JPG

P1010475.JPG

P1010476.JPG

P1010477.JPG

P1010478.JPG

Good plants, any tip to mke mines look good, my cep is almost dead, im really depresed.

LOL! Diggin' the Drosera in the PVC! Hehe.

I'll post some of my pictures when I'm in Linux.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Est @ April 03 2006,10:59)]LOL! Diggin' the Drosera in the PVC! Hehe.
Name it
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ April 04 2006,1:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Est @ April 03 2006,10:59)]LOL! Diggin' the Drosera in the PVC! Hehe.
Name it
smile_m_32.gif
im thinking adaele...or a young regia? why is it growing in the pvc? its rely neat looking!
alex

Not a young regia. But yes D. regia. This picture was right after it was moved to the new green house... It is amazing how much redder the whole plant is already!!
It is in a 6" tall PVC pipe... 2" pipe i think... Something pingman was experamenting with and i havn't gotten around to tranplanting it... LOL I think it's 3 plants in there actually.
smile_m_32.gif

Back