Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Collage stuff..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AHH thanks for the link ill be sure to check out the book you are talking about (Amazon might have it right?)

Oh would it also help if i took Ag? Im hoping so cause its to late now to drop it we have our sheduals for next year.. It would also help if i had a good councilor... ill try getting ahold of the good one

cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latin helps if you want to go into the more field-oriented part of botany. Also, AP classes (both bio and envi sci) are good classes. These are the things I'm taking, as well as trying to get a job at a local nursery that sells CPs and orchids, among other things.

-D. Lybrand
    Check my growlist! Nothing currently available for trade...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lucky! I livein such a small school district we dont get the finer things out of our classes... We have 2 languages (french and Spangish) and well of course english... and every thing is usualy sociolized around Agraculture... So its cool but Beans and Corn dont exactly Float my boat... Ill have to see if i can find some latin language thing...

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is kind of off-topic...and my first post too

but CPs actually got me into/through college! I grew them extensively during high school and took lots of pictures. As a lot of people know, filling those applications is like marketing yourself to a job and people have been known to send video clips, artwork, music, etc to show off their "extracurricular side." Anyway, I had a huge bowl of S. purpurea that were just flashing in crimson red, so I sent pics of those to my school...

After I got accepted, they even decided to give me a grant! Later on, I found out at a donor/recipient get together that one of the reasons why I caught my donor's eye was because of the pitcher plant pictures. He and a couple of others had been discussing over it. So he stuck by with me for the next four years so I wouldn't have to eat ramen everyday of my college life.

Go fig, eh? I just thought it was an interesting hobby, but never once planned on it actually helping me out financially and academically. Thanks for reading.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well im not sure what you mean by this

"After I got accepted, they even decided to give me a grant! Later on, I found out at a donor/recipient get together that one of the reasons why I caught my donor's eye was because of the pitcher plant pictures."

and why did you send the pictures... cause if so ill send some of mine in w/ my applacation.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ April 06 2006,12:12)]well im not sure what you mean by this

"After I got accepted, they even decided to give me a grant! Later on, I found out at a donor/recipient get together that one of the reasons why I caught my donor's eye was because of the pitcher plant pictures."

and why did you send the pictures... cause if so ill send some of mine in w/ my applacation.

Cheers
    After I got accepted to the school, they also told me I got a scholarship/grant. And I think it's because of my plant pics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohh sorry... thast what i thought i just wasnt sure!
    thanks for clearing it up, theirs a Greenhouse i want to work out i dont know if it would do any thing to show them pictures of my plants... or mention it at least!

Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12