What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Again??????

dont talk bout fishing yet. the lakes barely thawed.........to warm to ice fish, to cold to sit out on the boat with a beer cause the wind blowing off that cold water.............one more month, just one more month
smile_n_32.gif

Sorry to mention it Rattler. But don't forget the net and a bigger boat. Because like they say, the larger the fish the smaller the brain.
smile_n_32.gif
Just joking again.

smile_n_32.gif

I don't trust the government..yet I don't feel the need to be armed to the teeth, either.

The politician bashing in here is hysterically funny. WE ELECTED THEM, FOLKS! We get exactly the government we deserve.

All politicians are corrupt. And all pit-bulls are vicious. All cats are sneaky and stupid. All minorities are lazy. All baseball players are on steroids. All women are vapid and weak. All men are sexist pigs. All police are corrupt. All gov't workers are worthless bureauocrats. All corporations are evil. All priests are child molesters. All Muslims are terrorists. All catholics sympathise with the IRA. All teachers are over-paid. All divorcees are failures. All video game players are miscreants. All "goths" are potential murderers. All hippies are commies. All commies are hippies. All musicians are drug addicts. All unions are bad. All artists are lazy. All athletes are rapists.

I could go on and on painting with a broad brush..but I think it's really stupid to do so.

There are good people in office, democrat and republican. There ARE people who go into politics to perform public service. Public Service is a noble calling. Maybe they're more at the local level, but all politics starts out local.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]All politicians are corrupt. And all pit-bulls are vicious. All cats are sneaky and stupid. All minorities are lazy. All baseball players are on steroids. All women are vapid and weak. All men are sexist pigs. All police are corrupt. All gov't workers are worthless bureauocrats. All corporations are evil. All priests are child molesters. All Muslims are terrorists. All catholics sympathise with the IRA. All teachers are over-paid. All divorcees are failures. All video game players are miscreants. All "goths" are potential murderers. All hippies are commies. All commies are hippies. All musicians are drug addicts. All unions are bad. All artists are lazy. All athletes are rapists.

Well, now that we've got that all cleared up, we can all go home happy. I like the way you think!!
smile_n_32.gif

Anyway, jokes aside... Reminds me a lot about people complaining about all the red tabe in the bureaucracy, yes what would people be doing if their didn't have the security? (three guesses! lol)
Maybe we just need something to complain about.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (aprilh @ April 12 2006,1:20)]The politician bashing in here is hysterically funny. WE ELECTED THEM, FOLKS! We get exactly the government we deserve.
You know there are a lot of us here in Florida and a lot in Ohio who will disagree with that.

Nothing wrong with the system Aprilh, only the boneheads running it. Your unwavering faith in a corrupt system, raises many flags though. Change is hard, huh??

I don't think there's any need to say "Your unwavering faith in a corrupt system, raises many flags though. Change is hard, huh??"  April might actually know of a good Republican in office.  I'm skeptical because even good Democrats are in short supply.  That's kind of mind-boggling since the Republican Party has stooped lower than than any major party ever has in the US and pointing out their faults is as easy as shooting fish in a barrel.  Stupid anti-gun, sold-out-to-big money Democrats.  They should get over it and start shooting some fish.

Got a better system, Bug? The world hasn't seen it, yet. For the record, I didn't proclaim any faith in the system, but so what if I did? I just said you can't tar people with such a broad brush. Saying everyone in politics is corrupt and the hell with it is a cynical cop out, IMO. Way too easy.

The woman who's the town clerk where I live is a Repbublican, she isn't corrupt, does her job, does a good job, and is a nice person. I voted for her Democratic rival, who is equally honest, hard working and nice.

It ain't the system, April. Its the folks in charge of it. They have turned it into what it was never meant to be. And use scare tactics to do it. Keep'em scared is how many societies were kept in compliance with the local dictator. Need to find the honest folks, and give more parties a chance to be a real part of it. Might find someone who knows how, and can, get things done.

Bush was just here in anti-Bush country and, of course, our leading Republican politicians, such as the governor, were there.  But none of the weasels would stand on the stage with the president.  How lame is that?  They don't have the balls (or ovaries) to stray from their party leadership, but they don't want to be so close they might appear in the same photo.  If they did, a Democratic opponent might grow the spine necessary to paint them with the same broad brush.

I know someone who met with one of our Republican representatives this week and said the representative made an impassioned and very believable argument against a Bushie policy.  Something which that representative has never, ever taken a stand on when it counted.  If that representative had taken such a stand or two, the country might be in much shallower doodoo right now.  One can say the representative isn't corrupt, does a good job, and is a nice person, but I just see a collaborator who needs to be thrown out of office.  Even if the replacement is a Democrat.

April, no reason not to be armed to the teeth, our constitution allows it
smile_n_32.gif

a problem is most of those in the system are worthless and corrupt, the bigger problem is that most of these ppl, when they started out were all for serving the public and doing good, a couple of terms in office or so and all of the sudden they are more interested in keeping their job than serving the public. and the public at large is to stupid to see the change in the individual and to lazy do something about it.

Of course they're interested in keeping their job. Everyone is interested in keeping their job, and I'll bet for sure you know plenty of people who aren't in politics who are more interested in keeping their job than actually doing the work. I think some of this greed and laziness is basic human nature.

I'm not defending "the system", per se, I'd like to see some changes, too. I'd like to see public funding of political campaigns. It would take the lobbyists and special interests right out of the picture. Might take the profit margin out of being a senator or congressperson.

BINGO!, thank you April, another person on here that agrees its a species problem, you made my day, thank you

Well yeah...lots of people are slothful and greedy. And will always try to get something for nothing. But since that doesn't describe ALL people, I don't believe it describes all Democratic, Republic or Independent politicians, though it indeed describes a lot of them. You can pretty much do a little research and find out which ones are not worth your vote. Unless they hide their background info, like a certain person who shall remain nameless.

Back