What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Again??????

this just gives my eyes more reason to long for europe...

cheers

The muck already hit the fan, and Steve, its all over all of us, and the whole country. Those who do not vote are creating a big problem here. By not paying attention to what is happening in this country, and letting someone else do it attitude, the government has effectively become our parent, and not our leaders. When they tell me I have to wear a seat belt, They took away my right to make up my own mind. Whether to take a huge risk, and maybe die, or to wear the belt, and still take a risk driving on the road. It was not up to them. To make a manufacturer manufacture a safer car, and just advise that it was a wise idea to wear a seat belt, would have been their job. Not force a law on people to wear a belt cause they said so. Seems like a small thing, but, I did not like the idea of forcing the American people out of the right to make their own choices regarding their car, or whether to wear a seat belt. I also suspected it wasn't going to be the last thing they were going to lay on us. Slowly. A little at a time, they changed more things than we even thought about. Seemed like nothing. But little by little, they took on a different role. Talking down to us, rather than talking to us like they used to do. Prices going out of control because there IS no control. Allowed to run rampant by a bought out government (on both sides here, so save any anger about party B.S.) We didn't pay attention, and it is costing us. More than you realize. I see many things, and have friends in many walks of life all over the country. They are politically active, and most of them tell me they are scared to death. And NOT of terrorists, but our own guys. Now that scares me. I'd think about that if I were you guys. And it started with such a small thing. Barely seemed important........at the time.

It used to bug me that things like seatbelts were the law... but then I wondered what would happen if I was in a waiting list in an emergency room one day... behind a bunch of morons who got themselves maimed in a way that was really easily prevented. The doctors can only do so much at a time, and they can't just turn people away.

So I don't really mind the law forcing people not to destroy themselves if their destruction affects the people around them as well. It helps tip the scales against the vast number of people who just don't give a crap about anyone.

Otherwise I'm a big fan of natural selection.
smile.gif

I do believe you missed the point of the message. The right to wear or not to wear a belt was only the start. Used to be, if you are an idiot, YOU pay the price. Involve someone else, and your troubles knew no bounds. Besides, there are still many folks that still don't wear them. Their choice. Few of them survive the accidents they cause. Whoa! We put a stopper in the way of Natural Selection! The rest of us wear them because we want to. Not because the Gov. said so.

So youre saying that they are to dumb to control the unimportant things? And that the things that need to be important are looked over? What about Drugs are they now ok, its natural selection if some one wants to think they can fly and jump off a buliding.. ITs alos natural seletion for people who are suicidal kill them selfs?

cheers

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]and sent to bed without our supper!! (I can take the rest, but please! Not my DINNER!!!)

I'm not sure if I should be worried about this, but I thought the exact same thing about the "without supper" part even before I read that part in the parenthases.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]this just gives my eyes more reason to long for europe...

Because things are AWESOME in Europe! ... *cough* ... I'm German, I love my country very much, and I'm proud of man of my country's accomplishments (and not so much about some of the other ones) and some of the brilliant minds which have come out of the area, but things are screwy in Germany a muchso the same in pretty much all of Europe (at least all I can think of.)

Germany's economy SUCKS because the labour force SUCKS. In the VW commercials we always hear about the excellent German engineers and what not, but the problem isn't lack of skill- it's lack of drive. Many are too used to things being good and being able to be on perpetual vacation. That's no longer the case, but everything is sticky downwards: nobody wants to take a pay cut, nobody wants to pay more for goods, and nobody wants to work more hours like in the past. The governmental situation is a quite interesting one, though, with all of the parties going on.

The point is this: things aren't really too grand anywhere right now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Get outta debt in a couple hundred years, and hope China doesn't demand the payment of their debt IMMEDIATELY or we are done. THANKS, Georgie. Stupid moron. First you bankrupt your own businesses, then you bankrupt your country. With no regard for anyone who isn't named Bush.

It's OK Bug: you think it would last if a budget surplus existed?
biggrin.gif

It hurts to think that the last time the deficit was 300Billion, it took the internet craze to help boost the economy out it it. And now the deficit is... um... Ouch.

Disclaimer: Yeah yeah, I know my deficit numers are in nominal dollars. And my analysys of the German economic state of affairs are just conclusions upon which myself and others have come upon, and only one of us is an economist (or rather, very-soon-to-be economist.)
biggrin.gif

thats why My dream home is a little island with a tropical climate and and a below 40 degree's cave... and 20 acers so i can suport my self...

i think that fits my dream home.. (lets see who can guess the caves pourpus)

As for Germany, blame the US Soviets British and French...
smile_o_32.gif
lets not forget the cold war?

Cheers

Definatly blame the US, seems the cliche thing to do these days.

Wolf, blame the people in charge, blame your neighbor, blame yourself. Whatever. We are in trouble, and if it isn't rectified, kiss it goodbye. We are in trouble, and we the people need to rectify it. The government will not. They are happy being fat, and doing very little to deserve it. Kick ourselves for putting them there. We need ethics and honesty back, and we need fiscally responsible people running the country. if you or I ran our household like the government runs this country, we would be in prison for financial fraud, theft, and embezzlement. Say it with votes kids. And I mean take an interest and vote. It means your future for sure. If you would like your freedom back, and your Constitution and Bill of Rights, vote Libertarian. Otherwise, pick anything but a republican, or a weak kneed democrat.

Happy days are here again, and I mean that with all the satire a cynical mind can muster. Bugweed, I support your Constitutional rights to free speech, and I hope, if it's possible, that you don't go on a list for it. Because if it's possible, and if it's true, concerning the rumors about the so called Patriot Act, then, the Patriot Act is NOT friendly to dissenters or protestors. I still think we all believe in Free Speech Now.

Let's see:
The dowing street memo
Scooter Libby admits the president authorized the CIA leak
Weapons of Mass Destruction
Aluminum tubes for centerfuges
Pentagon monitors anti war groups
President authorizes wiretaps without court order
People detained without charges or trial
Representative Cynthia McKinney strikes officer when he doesn't recognize her.
Supreme court allows eminet domain to take away your home
Reporters aren't allowed to have confidential sources
Hot tub Tom
Terri Schiavo / Bill Frist
Jack Abramoff
Cheney doesn't answer cops for 12 hours after shooting incident
video confrence of Bush's response to Katrina (Michael Brown)
Abu Ghraib
Gannon/Guckert
The Patriot Act

Both parties can kiss my bum. The current adminstration needs to go, the problem is what would replace it may be worse. There is no more concern for the citizens of this country.

Thank you, Understudy. Couldn't have showed it any better. Open your eyes folks. Here comes the Gestappo. And yes, I realize I am someone's list, and just may disappear someday. I will continue to speak out. Same as our forefathers when we felt we were being screwed by the government at that time. Fight for your freedom. Its the only thing that will save you. NONE of you can hide from this one. Our "Government" is going to own it all. Speak up if you want to change the broken system. Or, say nothing, and get what you deserve from your lack of interest in your Country, and way of life.

and some ppl on here wonder why i am intersted in keeping my guns around?
smile_n_32.gif

Bug, i agree with yah. problem is the same as its always been though, a person is smart and people are stupid and ignorant. as long as most of the general populace can afford their distractions they arent going to pay much attention at their freedoms being taken away a lil at a time...........

Let's test your theory Rattler. There have been 32 posts and 800 views on this topic. What could that mean? I have heard a historical rumor that the ancient Roman senators, when they wanted to sneak legislation past the people, put on large sporting events to keep the people busy. I have also heard the rumor that Germany round up the problem types before setting up the totalitarian government before the wars. If anything I said is true, can these things happen again? Or, does history repeat itself?

P.S. Bugweed, I have heard it said, probably just a rumor, that regardless of who a person votes for on the left or on the right , the rich have "their man" or that whoever gets in will become corrupted against the people. If that is true, why would voting matter anymore in a possibly corrupt government? Some people even think it's possible Bush had connections that allowed him to possibly steal the election from Gore. Remember that stupid satire the Distinguished Gentleman starring Eddie Murphy, he ran with all the stupid conspiracy theories about a corrupt government and made a fine comedy about it.

those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

zappa, what you say is pretty much the truth.

Some stupid person misquoted Joseph Stalin as saying something like "It's not the votes that matter, but the ones who count the votes". I really don't know if any of what I say is true, it just seems to apply to a discussion of possible rampant government.

Ok no need to be calling people names thats what gets threads closed... i like hearing these kinds of debates but when people start doing that, some one ealse is going to get mad...
Im just saying lets try to keep the peace please?
biggrin.gif

I agree with the history repeating its self though...

Cheers

dont think zappa was alking about someone on here(unless i missed it), it sounds like a general statement not directed to anyone in particular..............

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]As for Germany, blame the US Soviets British and French...
smile_o_32.gif
lets not forget the cold war?

This goes beyond the cold war. Sure West Germany had an awesome economy, and it's been difficult reiontegrating the East side and its economic problems, but there's something to be said for taking responsability for you OWN problems. I'm not going to blame the Russians for holding East Germany, heck no.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Let's test your theory Rattler. There have been 32 posts and 800 views on this topic. What could that mean?

... Nothing.

Wait wait wai.... Absolutely nothing.

When we have vague statistics, we can make it mean whatever we dern well want.

Fish on, Rattler get the net. Just joking people. It's all a big joke. Just like death and taxes being such a sure thing. Why I just saw death and taxes on main street the other day, a hearse followed by an armor car. It was unreal, I just had to laugh.
smile_n_32.gif

Back