Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: I Need your help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

I'm currently working with a student in Columbia University, helping with their dissertation. The study we're focused on involves non-cp's and population genetics. My interests in CP's came up in conversation so he's agreed to help me create a phylogeny of carnivorous plants. I recently quit CP's so i have no resources for tissues. I know alot of people here grow a very wide variety of CP species, and i need your help. What i'm asking for are small plant tissue samples (a small ~2cm square of leaf, nothing bad for the plant). If needed i'll pay for all shipping charges (i'll provide an SASE or pay for stamps). If you can supply location information, that's a major plus. I'm accepting all tissue at this point since i have none and am just starting out. I'd really appreciate it. If you're interested PM or post here.

Thanks in advance
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This may interest you:

Cladogram

If for no more than interest.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Est @ April 05 2006,11:07)]This may interest you:

Cladogram

If for no more than interest.
    Yeah i've seen that many people have done phylogenies on CPs before. I'm trying to use a different gene than previous studies.

If anyone is interested in providing tissue please PM me.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.