Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: r/o unit ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HEY didn't I mention flushing the RO filter periodically? Thought I did! hehe It wouldn't cause a decline in water quality if not flushed as often as it should be. But if badly neglected will cause a noticable decline in RO water output.

75gpd eh? hmm better get cracking, you have alot of water to drink! I am tellin ya though.. only a matter of time before you need to have just a few cps sitting on a windowsill somewhere ;>

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wish i had the enviorment to allow for CPs in non green house enviorments... at all.....

You're right, you did say "The important thing is to make sure the filters are changed regularly and the system is flushed periodically to help unclog the RO membrane." I just helped clear up hooooow to do it. You ever heard of the flow restricor bypass method? It's made it MUCH easier... Doing so also helps extend the life of the membrane I'd say.

Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oooooh I see! Yes it does help extend the life of the membrane. Popping the restrictor out works. Or you could rig up a bypass with some fittings, tubing and a valve as you mention. There are also kits available for the less mechanically inclined that have the parts and pieces needed to put a bypass loop into the system.

T
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what about heavy metals ?
    we have arsanick in small amounts. at least they say it is . but there was a story on the news of people getting sick from the arsinick.
    that's a big part of most people here buy bottled so the don't get sick
    . althogh i still drink the water lol haven't droped dead yet.
    also water from phoenix AZ was awful the last 3 months we lived there it started smelling funny and turned a solid opaque white-ish color that was when i stoped drinking AZ water.
    but still i think the problem is the higher management . not the workers of the water companys.
    they must think it's ok ! our (the public's) bodys will be fine and get used to it.
    i still remember the news people saying just leave your water with a slice of orange or lemon in the fridge over night that will get rid of the smell and funny taste.
    yea i tryed it . did'nt work.
    oh and that hard water is good for showering and bathing , it causes friction and cleans you better.
    for me it left a powdery residue. no matter how much i scrubed.
    and then there were the ones that said all those minerals give you strong healthy bones and teeth.
    i know some minerals will but i doubt the sand and chemicals they put in it made it good for a HUMAN body!!!

i think they need to think more about the common person for we ARE the ones putting mony in there pocket by buying there water.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Scroll down to the first grid here to see what they say the membrane can remove and at what effectiveness.... Arsenic included at 98.7% effectivness...
    Andrew

-Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123