Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: First car

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (scottychaos @ April 09 2006,12:04)]based on those pathetically lame wheels, I would totally avoid this particular car. The previous owner obviously wanted a sports car, and tried to make a 4-door sedan look as "cool" as possible (and he failed miserably)
    but anyone who is so concerned with "coolness" that they will waste a thousand dollars (or more) on lame wheels for a 4-door sedan is obviously someone who isnt concerned with conservative and proper care of the car..

to me, those wheels just scream "dont buy me! my owner is a moron!"
    sorry..

Scot
    You cant call the owner a moron over the rims. You don't know any of the facts.

Maybe the owner bought the car like that. Or maybe the factory rims were damaged and he had those collecting dust in his garage. Don't be so quick to cast judgment on another guys car untill you know the facts.
    My life sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ April 08 2006,2:14)]$3k for a Wrangler with less than a 100,000? where do you live? i need a road trip ive got a '95 Cherokee that i trust more than the shops 2003 F150 truck, that jeep is a freaking tank. need a wrangler to entertain myself with till the wife inherits her dads CJ7
    KENTUCKY BABY!!!!! when i think about it that is definantly rely low for under 100kmi. somthing must be wrong under the hood. reminds me of a time i saw a white 1994 Vett for 800 bucks! it was to good to be trure but when i looked at it.... . the seats were basically no more and there was a hole going from the floor to the out side! i will never judge a book by its cover from now on.
    alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen modification on cars and my first thought was what an idiot. Like the new moron fad of taking a caprice and putting the huge rims on it to lift it about 3 ft off the ground.
    I saw a truck yesterday, the front tires were normal, but the back was so low the bumper was dragging the ground.

The only reason I can think of to do any of those things is because you have to follow fads. I've never followed fads and I never will. There are no other reason to lower cars, or put stupid looking rims on it, and that's so people will think you're cool. There's no way any of those things can make the car drive better. Remember, if you have try and convince others that you're cool, you're really not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out those wheels carefully. Are they painted? Are they cracked? Are they oversize compared to stock?
    Honda tuned the suspension for the original equipment wheel/tire combo. They know what they are doing. Most people do not.

I am not positive but those look like low profile tires. Unless they are a high end brand, you will get a very choppy (uncomfortable) ride.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (0zzy @ April 09 2006,10:56)]The only reason I can think of to do any of those things is because you have to follow fads. I've never followed fads and I never will. There are no other reason to lower cars, or put stupid looking rims on it, and that's so people will think you're cool. There's no way any of those things can make the car drive better. Remember, if you have try and convince others that you're cool, you're really not.
    Your kidding right?

Fads? I have 2 heavily modified RX-7's and I can tell you that I did NOT do it to look "cool". I did it because I race both of them at the track. Bigger, lighter rims with low profile tires grip FAR better than the factory crap, and it could really save your but in a pinch.

I could care less what other people think of my car because my 19 year old Mazda can and has smoked Ferraris on the track. Thats why I don't judge other peoples cars without knowing all the facts as should you.
    My life sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you guys are mean (but funny). hubby and i find ourselves laughing daily at cars people try to modify... i espicially love the ones who spend more money on the rims than the car itself. (at the same time, i drive a beetle- so people laugh just at that simple fact)

none of our cars have warranties, so they are modified. the toyota is really old and very heavily modified. i guess at the time, this was a good hobby for the hubby. he was a single soldior in iraq, and other places. i'm not sure what my point is... oh yeah, get a car that you will enjoy and can get a good deal on. as for the modifications, wheels are just cosmetic. sounds like it would be a good thing to get a reliable car at a decent price. the end.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]he only reason I can think of to do any of those things is because you have to follow fads.
    I didn't say ANY mods, just the ones that are done for the sole purpose to get attention. I understand doing changes to improve performance, gas mileage, etc. You can't tell me that putting 3ft diameter rims on a car improves acceleration,

or lowering the car so it's undersides drags the ground makes a more comfortable ride. Or spinner rims does anything except amuse idiots.
    The same cars I'm talking about always seems to either have modified the exhaust so it sounds like the motor is about to blow, or have the stereo systems that you can hear from a half mile away. All these things all done just to gain attention, to feel important and be noticed..

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (0zzy @ April 09 2006,11:11)]The same cars I'm talking about always seems to either have modified the exhaust so it sounds like the motor is about to blow, or have the stereo systems that you can hear from a half mile away. All these things all done just to gain attention, to feel important and be noticed..
    I havn't read your posts before this but read this part and had to post. My Dodge Dakota 4x4 has oversized tires, Magnaflow exhaust, and a kickin butt stereo. None is done to get attention. I do it becuase the larger tires improves ride (the extra rubber gives extra cush) and is better off road (and yeah, i like how it looks)- the Exhaust sounds awesome, gives less back pressure and improves performace as well as gas milage... And the stereo is because I love music and when you love music no factory or near factory stereo is going to be good enough.
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast