Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First car

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so I have a couple choices of what i want to get for a first car,
    I figured i would ask you guys A male dominated forum ive seen a few people on hear with knowladge of cars. So ill keep this updated and you guys let me know what kind of car you think is good. Basicaly i cant Get a 6 cylinder the insurance would kill! But i planon test driving it to see how it drives.. Oh its also got lots of new stuff like a CAr alarm new speakers and stero..

1993 Honda Accord LX Sedan
    4 cylinder
    mileage 122,000

hears a photo of the car...

Its interior is in great condition... Im just wondering if its an ok car.. for around 3955!

Cheers and thanks any one who can help me out.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Betcha it's time for a timming belt/water pump... That will prolly set you back about $600-$1200. If they "say" it's been done but have no reciepts... have a mechanic check it out... You should have a mechanic do a "Pre buy inspection" on any car you are "about to buy" anyway. Here we charge about $50 for that service. It can save you tons in the long run though.

As far as are they charging the right price for the car... Check out kelly blue book dot com. You'd want to look at private party prices if it is a normal person selling the car.
    Good luck!
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a four-time Honda owner, and can vouch for their inherent reliability and quality. Andrew is right about the timing belt/water pump, though. Check that out. If that's done, there's no reason the car can't get over 200,000 miles on it.

I'm always worried, though, about cars with fancy wheels or other modifications that might indicate it's been driven hard or raced. You don't need that!

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the price is a little high. I would go for around $2000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NICE! i saw a jeep wrangler(my favorite affordable car) in my classifides today. its a 1992 that has recently gotten a new top, 4 cylinder and i think it has about 72k miles on it.its only 3200$!. im only 14 right now(but i turn 15 on friday!!!) so i dont know what i am doing looking at cars right now....oh well
    good luck!
    alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a bad deal at all, but as mnetioned previously, have the works checked. I didn't on my old Chevy way back when and repairs over 9 months cost me more than the car itself. Never again.

I can't wait to get my factory new Suzuki 125 Intruder on Tuesday though...!

Cheers
    Amori

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $3k for a Wrangler with less than a 100,000? where do you live? i need a road trip ive got a '95 Cherokee that i trust more than the shops 2003 F150 truck, that jeep is a freaking tank. need a wrangler to entertain myself with till the wife inherits her dads CJ7
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not a guy, but i definietly have an opinion. especially when it comes to cars. here are a couple of guides that may help you in purchasing a used car.

Kelley Blue Book

N.A.D.A.

good luck! keep us posted.
    i've had many hondas/acuras before and i think that it would be a decent first car.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast