Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good Friday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today is Good Friday, the day Jesus Christ died on the cross for us. If you care to take some time out of your day and reflect upon it that would be awesome.

Are there words of thanksgiving that can truely express how my heart feels? How great, how precious a gift you have given us and we don't deserve it Lord! You were blameless, pure, untainted, and untouched by sin yet you took the wrath for all the sin of the whole world. Thank you for freeing us and taking our place. We are so unworthy of your grace. I can never say thank you enough Lord, you have blessed me and filled me with so much love. I pray that for everyone who reads this that you would fill their heart with the love you have given me, and that they would crave you Lord. That they would hunger and thirst until they find you. I don't know what I'd do without you! I love you!

Please feel free and reply with praise to the one who paid our debt.

Godbless and LOVE!
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for this post. Jesus is the only one worthy of praise. Thank you for your prayer as well. God is patient and longsuffering ,not wishing that any should perish, and I thank Him for it. Thank you Jesus ,for your mercy endures forever.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John 11: 25, 26

25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; 26 and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Jesus is the only one worthy of praise.
    "ekam sat viprā bahudhā vadanti"
    "Truth is One, but sages call it by many names."
    Rig Veda, one of the 4 Vedic scriptures of Hinduism

While I have no problem with proclamations of faith, I would appreciate it if you did not claim one particular set of beliefs is the only way.

Mokele
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Mokele @ April 16 2006,2:52)]
    Quote[/b] ]Jesus is the only one worthy of praise.
    "ekam sat viprā bahudhā vadanti"
    "Truth is One, but sages call it by many names."
    Rig Veda, one of the 4 Vedic scriptures of Hinduism

While I have no problem with proclamations of faith, I would appreciate it if you did not claim one particular set of beliefs is the only way.

Mokele
    Hear, hear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are different paths to the top of the mountain.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to God, there is only one - through faith in Jesus as the one who abolished our sins by dying on the cross.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]According to God, there is only one
    According to *your* God. Not all of us believe in him, or even in any divinity at all. I'm well aware of the Christian perspective on the subject, but you need to realize that yours is simply one of many perspectives, and that regardless of which, if any, is right, simply stating that your beliefs are correct and everyone else's are wrong doesn't exactly communicate the tolerant atmosphere of mutual respect that this (or any other) forum requires in order to thrive.

You believe your way is correct; if you didn't think it was correct, it would be rather silly for you to believe it, after all. But others here, including myself, follow different paths, and would appreciate it if those paths were not belittled. You don't need to put down other faiths to proclaim your own.

Mokele
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast