What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The boss showed up, got some good news....

the owner of the newspaper lives about 600 miles away on the other side of the state, well he showed up for his "quarterly" visit.

Good News #1: he is quite happy with the books, actually quite surprised at the numbers for the dead part of the year(Jan, Feb & March)

Good News #2: we are installing an RO system here at the office instead of buying jugs, i get free RO water, YAY!

Good News #3: well this takes some explination, the plan has been that the paper will eventually be turned over to my wife as the paper is originally her grandparents. course this was always going by the word of the owner. well it seems he is going to re-do the corporation and offered Darla 2% of sales, Darla turned him down. 2% of sales on a bad month is $600(Jan, Feb, March), on a good month its over $2,000(May, August, Sept, Oct) and this is ontop of her salary. instead she said she wants shares in the company. the Boss said ok, lets do it. so they are going to figure out how best to set stuff up and it should be inplace in the not to distant future. so thats great we finally are going to have her name on the company and will slowly be turned over to her by X number of shares per month.

looks like im staying in Outer Montana for quite awhile. oh well there are worse places to be stuck.......................

Congratulations Rattler! Good to hear things are going well for you.

My grandfather started out working for the local newspaper. He left there to open his own printing company in 1934. My father took over the business. I worked there too. Nothing like the sound of the presses running and the smell of ink.
smile.gif
I love it! I love opening a box of some kind of print job and getting that blast of ink smell.

Congrats...its a cool business to be in.
smile.gif
Long live the printed word...typography...and the ART of typesetting.

Congratulations on the good news!
smile.gif

That's awesome. It sounds like the plan is coming together nicely.

Once Darla takes over, keep an eye on things so she doesn't try to export your job to India. Or worse still, start charging employees for the water.

Back