Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Relly sad/mad/angry!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

Hey my house is full of fungus gnats, or some kind of flying insects, was all fine, but today one get in to my glass of soda, thats relly bad, i wont eat a insect, thats the job of my cp, so i wanna change the pot of all of them... is a good idea?, how?, any tip?, last time i do this my plants die, so i dont wnat this happend, should i take out all substrate put plants on water and repot them in new peat/sand mix?, i hear abouth pinguiculas in mineral medium, sounds good, no peat no gnats!, aquarium natural gravel is good for cp?, if i change all plants substrate and maintain the terraium closed, for a week end and clean all my comon plants in my room, the gnats will fly away?, i wait you answers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fungus gnats don't seem to like the sphagnum/sponge rock blend my CPs grow in.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a thought... how about getting a bunch of Mexican pings?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could just use a systemic insecticide on your plants to save repotting all of them. A drench rather than a spray will kill all the larvae in the peat and continue to work for several weeks so any new eggs laid by the adults will not prosper. Are the insects hanging around your pots? fungus gnats would be mainly around your plants, if you have lots of flying insects indoors it is also possible they could be fruitflies. Just check and make sure you haven't got any old fruit or veg lying forgotten in the back of a cupboard somewhere that is enticing them in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no i dont have fruit in my room, anyway i will clean it a litle, lol. Mex pings will finish this?, i must got one. Droseras help me, but they are a lot, so they got catched later get white and cover w fungus, should i take the dead bugs out of drosera traps?, or leave them?, my nep still lokking bad =(, but each time i water the plants a lot of bugs come out! i tink they hate water, but if i submerse all the pots im puting on danger my plants right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone help me!, there is any natural predator?, what abouth that red tings w black spots that fly?, im going to search the name for tomorrow, i tinbk they are fruit flyes!, oh my god.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gnats are poor flyers and tend to jump around, with a bit of lift from their wings.

Are you actually seeing anything wrong with your plants? It just sounds like you have some sort of infestation not connected with your plants.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, well im not sure, but wen they got caughted they die and become white, that is bad right?, maybe my plants eat to much and they dont want to eat more, but they caught them, and my nep have a black spot and they always are on my nep!, and i dont like my room full of flyes, they beggin to full me room wen i buy my plants.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast