What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will LFSM stay alive year round?

I have some of my LFSM coming back to life in a couple of my pots. I was wondering if when it comes back will it be like that year round on the plants that don't go dorment or will it die back?

Once it gets going it should grow year-round so long as it's got water and a modest amount of light. But if you let it dry out, it will turn white and crispy and may die back. Best luck.
~Joe

It grows, and grows, and grows, and then, it grows some more.

Will it keep growing as they are dorment too?

As long as conditions are appropriate for the moss to grow, it doesn't matter if your plants go dormant. A lot of sphagnum grows BETTER for me during dormancy period because of the reduced light levels/higher humidity.

The live sphagnum in my Nep pots usually goes into a decline in winter because the humidity is much lower and I don't water as often as I should. Live sphagnum in Sarr pots, which spends the winter outside under a leaf pile, gets a little peaked looking by spring, but looks better than what's in the Nep pots.

Back