Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: killing rosemary... help?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmmm.... i am/was attempting to propogate my rosemary from a cutting... it's not doing well. at all.

can somebody more smarter than me offer me some assistance?
    i not too plant savvy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont know what plant u talk, but i hear vitamin b1 in hormone, is a powerfull drug that make plants produce roots. maybe it help, anyway in the natural hand i hear rice (natural collected one), can b used to make a rich mix ro make plants produce roots, Good luck.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can you tell us what you are doing so that we can tell you what you're doing wrong? lol! That came out harsh. Well, I'd like to know media you're using, and a little bit about the cutting before saying anything. Though, I have to say I've never tried making cuttings off of the plant.

But the basics should be: light not too intense, high humidity, extra leaves cut off/clipped, and -optimally- nodes under ground for roots to form. Bottom heat is often enjoyed by cuttings, but it shouldn't be necessary- not by a long shot.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh, i don't freaking know. it's like a tiny stick in dirt. just some common potting soil. i hadn't treated the clipping at all, and maybe i've got too many leaves on it. i did move it indoors since it's so tiny and not doing well.

nobody else grows herbs? this is new for me.

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rosemary is a pretty hardy plant. Mine strikes new plants regularly just from a leaf/stem growing in contact with the soil.

To be honest I have never tried to propagate mine, but If I were to try I would simply take a snip and dip it in rooting powder and stick it in the dirt.

Good luck
    Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the tip steve!

any particular type or brand that you recommend? my plant still looks very very very very very pathetic. dunno if it's gonna make it. whether or not it does, i'm determined to succeed with this perhaps with another cutting.

the madness continues...

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think rooting hormone is the missing ingredient here. B-complex/Superthrive would help some, but the rooting hormone will make or break the deal. I usually like the powder kind, but for a woody plant like rosemary, I'd look for liquid rooting hormone, as I'm not sure how well the powders would be taken up. The only really woody plant I've tried to clone is a rubber tree, and the liquid seemed to work better than the powder; cuttings took with both types, but I lost a lot more with the powder.
    Good luck,
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would just go to my local nursery and buy a brand spanking new rosemary plant.
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast