1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In western NY it's ~2.80-2.87/gal.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2.73, 2.83, 2.93 last night n my way to work here in Aug Ga.

You should have seen the Hummer add in the paper this weekend zero % financing for the life of the loan on any hummer LOL. They are getting desperate. I remember when I was over in Germany back in the 90's it was the equivilant to about 4 or 5 a litter according to my father. He could have been blowing smoke up my butt I was only 17 at the time.

I think my car gets about 23 miles to the gallon, but I drive to darn much.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interestingly (but not surprisingly) gas is about $2.69-$2.79 around me, but get close to campus and it goes up 10-20 cents per gallon. I'm in the group of people who has a car that gets decent mileage (29 highway) but I just drive too danged much. Borrowed my mom's minivan one week and it cost $60 to fill up, grandted a tank of gas on her van gets nearly 450miles.

I became extremely jealous when I borrowed my younger brother's car - 2002 Saturn something or other that gets 40mpg highway and only costs $20-30 to fill up...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, my car is cool like that. Accent - 37-40 mpg. I got it upto 44 a few times. It's odd cause that only happens when I am 1000-3000 miles past do on an oil change. I get the worst mileage right after changing the oil.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's see Orlando was the highest with 2.94 and Macon Ga. was the lowest with a 2.63. That's from around Chicago to Orlando down I- 57, 24, and 75. I have a new appreciation for over the road truckers. My body still hurts !!
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love these prices. Finally oil and the environment are relevant to the general public. I hope they never go back down without some real solutions causing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree - and the higher energy prices go the better off we are in the long run. I just wish all the extra money weren't going to the oil industry. The cost of housing, a much more basic need than gasoline, has doubled or more in the last decade in much of the country and I don't hear widespread complaining about that.

Too much energy use is frivolous - choosing to live far from work, having a giant house to heat & cool, lots of traveling, and so on. The US agriculture system has replaced family farmers with highly mechanized factory farms that consume an enormous amount of energy in all the fertilizer that subsequently contaminates ground and surface water.

Since relying on people's goodwill to cut energy consumption has failed and regulation isn't easy, there's nothing like cost to settle things down. The trucking industry, by the way, has been heavily subsidized for decades, so I don't have much sympathy. Their burden on the road system is much more than they pay back in taxes.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as i have said before Bruce, higher gas prices are going to make all your goods more expensive too. infact i would think high petrolium prices will be the final straw that will take down the last of the family farmers.

i dont mind high gas prices in the fact that its really kicking ppl in the **** and they are realizing drilling for methane aint such a bad idea. its also putting alot of focus on hybrid cars and E85 excellent. but i still think that if fuel prices go to high to fast its going to send alot of ppl to the poor house, and im talking average folks.

i really wonder if you fully realize what this will mean. hell i understand the high price of shipping to remote locations, few others on here probably do. for me to go out of this town with its population of about 4,000 its atleast a 200 mile round trip to better shopping for the stuff i cant get here. the internet for shopping is great but if fuel prices go up, shipping costs go up and then its still killing you.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast