What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAS PRICES!!!!

• Thread starter fc3srx713b
  • Start date
Crikey. I haven't checked in a while... Good thing I don't drive very much.
confused.gif

regular is 2.87 sure to rise to 3.00 very soon!

i think the regular was $2.47 or something close at lunch, was under $2.50

I asked my mom and she said it was in the mid $2.70s so I guess we're not too bad off, comparatively. But I'm sure it'll rise. >_<

i have to use premium. i think premium is a little over $3.00 per gallon here in texas, and prices are generally lower here than in many other parts of the country.

I can't wait until the international members see this thread. If you think $3 is bad, you should see what the real, unsubsidised price of gas is. $3 for a gallon of gas would be the deal of the century on the real market.
~Joe

3.08 for 89 octane in San Diego. We seem to always have the highest prices here. I need to get a motorcycle.

lol yeah im thinking i need to take my Cherokee back from my sis. the shop trucks V8 is killing me, not to mention the truck its self is doing its very best to make me swear off Fords. the wifes '03 Impala cruises around for a week and a half on 11 gallons. the shop truck uses about twice that not including what the shop pays for. i need my Jeep back......................gotta love that 4.0 liter straight 6

87 was 2.79 on friday.. Haven't filled up since then, but I'll find out tomorrow.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I can't wait until the international members see this thread. If you think $3 is bad, you should see what the real, unsubsidised price of gas is.

Last time I visited my fiancee in the UK, gas was about 90p/liter. Given the exchange rate of the time (december) of $1.8 to a pound, that's $6.13 / gallon of the lowest-octane. I dare not ask her father what it is now, lest he have a total meltdown.

Mokele

2.75 around here in southern Ga.I'm glad I got rid of my 1985 K5 blazer(if you ever wondered what my user name stood for,it was a (COOL -85 -K5) Blazer),it used 31 gallons per week!Now I have a 2000 S10 with a 2.2,about 25mpg!

Jerry

I guess I can't complain. I'm adding to the problem driving around in a rx7 that gets 9mpg. Oh well it IS a track car after all. The black rx7 in my sig is all stock and it gets around 30mpg so I guess I can complain a little.

Today 87 was $2.80 here in Texas. Haha, I remember back in the day when 7 bucks filled up my car. Now it takes almost 30 bucks to fill up a tiny little 2 seater. I feel sorry for the guys in big trucks and SUV's.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (seedjar @ April 17 2006,6:32)]I can't wait until the international members see this thread. If you think $3 is bad, you should see what the real, unsubsidised price of gas is. $3 for a gallon of gas would be the deal of the century on the real market.
~Joe

they also have much higher octance gas from what i understand. can't just take it at face value based on price alone.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I feel sorry for the guys in big trucks and SUV's.

Poor fellas in their hummers!!!
smile_h_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif

laugh.gif
I know that wasn't what you meant, but I couldn't resist. lol Nah, I see what you're saying, some people are sort of forced in to drive a vehicle which gets poor gas mileage. I know that there are people here who drive old trucks and have to because they can't afford a different car, they need transportation, and public transportation is nonexistant/a sham in this area.

In western NY it's ~2.80-2.87/gal.

2.73, 2.83, 2.93 last night n my way to work here in Aug Ga.

You should have seen the Hummer add in the paper this weekend zero % financing for the life of the loan on any hummer LOL. They are getting desperate. I remember when I was over in Germany back in the 90's it was the equivilant to about 4 or 5 a litter according to my father. He could have been blowing smoke up my butt I was only 17 at the time.

I think my car gets about 23 miles to the gallon, but I drive to darn much.

Interestingly (but not surprisingly) gas is about $2.69-$2.79 around me, but get close to campus and it goes up 10-20 cents per gallon. I'm in the group of people who has a car that gets decent mileage (29 highway) but I just drive too danged much. Borrowed my mom's minivan one week and it cost $60 to fill up, grandted a tank of gas on her van gets nearly 450miles.

I became extremely jealous when I borrowed my younger brother's car - 2002 Saturn something or other that gets 40mpg highway and only costs $20-30 to fill up...

Yeah, my car is cool like that. Accent - 37-40 mpg. I got it upto 44 a few times. It's odd cause that only happens when I am 1000-3000 miles past do on an oil change. I get the worst mileage right after changing the oil.

Back