Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: yay!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

ok well today i went to my local fairgrounds where there was a plant sale and they had like 50 bogs of carnivorous plants and they were going fast that they rescued i bought 3 of them for $90 and i REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY dont want them to die like some of the plants ive gotten before mostly cause i spent $90 on them these are my first bog plants ive gotten in two of them there is pygmy sundews parrot pitcher plant s flava and non conv plants and one only has a few parrot clumps with sundews there may be some s flava there but if there is its real small and just growing. the pitchers arent big but not small (exept for a wee little clump of parrot in one of the pots) they had 2 GIANT pots where all of the plants were HUGE! if i knew how i would post pics well does anyone have any advice? (like how much sun they should get?)

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe this could go in the "bog" section, tho it is a real mixed bag of things....

I would not imagine that the Sundews are in fact pygmies, if it was North American, that would be unlikely at best, probably just little plants

Give them full-sun, leave 'em outdoors year round, mulch in winter, that kind of thing, keeping CPs outdoors where they belong is the easiest, best way I have found...

And a question (more folks will no doubt give more specific, helpful info, I'm still kinda a newbie, especially since I live up here in Canada and most of what I know doesn't apply too far south)
    These plants- were they "rescued" from a bog that is going to be developed?? Just curious, as the details in your post aren't too clear on that, I hope that is the case, it would make some sense to raise funds for further rescues that way, but I can't tell from your accounting of the events
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (mabudon @ April 30 2006,9:11)]These plants- were they "rescued" from a bog that is going to be developed?? Just curious, as the details in your post aren't too clear on that, I hope that is the case, it would make some sense to raise funds for further rescues that way, but I can't tell from your accounting of the events
    yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well heres a pic of a sundew http://ocmga.org/DSCN8713.jpg this is what mine looks like