What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ok well today i went to my local fairgrounds where there was a plant sale and they had like 50 bogs of carnivorous plants and they were going fast that they rescued i bought 3 of them for $90 and i REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY dont want them to die like some of the plants ive gotten before mostly cause i spent $90 on them these are my first bog plants ive gotten in two of them there is pygmy sundews parrot pitcher plant s flava and non conv plants and one only has a few parrot clumps with sundews there may be some s flava there but if there is its real small and just growing. the pitchers arent big but not small (exept for a wee little clump of parrot in one of the pots) they had 2 GIANT pots where all of the plants were HUGE! if i knew how i would post pics well does anyone have any advice? (like how much sun they should get?)

Maybe this could go in the "bog" section, tho it is a real mixed bag of things....

I would not imagine that the Sundews are in fact pygmies, if it was North American, that would be unlikely at best, probably just little plants

Give them full-sun, leave 'em outdoors year round, mulch in winter, that kind of thing, keeping CPs outdoors where they belong is the easiest, best way I have found...

And a question (more folks will no doubt give more specific, helpful info, I'm still kinda a newbie, especially since I live up here in Canada and most of what I know doesn't apply too far south)
These plants- were they "rescued" from a bog that is going to be developed?? Just curious, as the details in your post aren't too clear on that, I hope that is the case, it would make some sense to raise funds for further rescues that way, but I can't tell from your accounting of the events

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mabudon @ April 30 2006,9:11)]These plants- were they "rescued" from a bog that is going to be developed?? Just curious, as the details in your post aren't too clear on that, I hope that is the case, it would make some sense to raise funds for further rescues that way, but I can't tell from your accounting of the events
yes

Back