What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

in my state

hello i was just wandering what carnivorous plants are native to florida? i know some pitcher plants are well could someone give a list?

i guess no one cares
smile_h_32.gif

Of course we care. I didn't see this post before.

I think you may have one or two cp's growing in Fl.

Let's see if I can remember some of them.

You have S. purpurea, flava, rubra, leucophylla, minor, psittacina, D.filiformis, capillaris, intermedia, brevifolia, P.lutea, caerulea, planifolia, ionontha, primuliflora, pumila, and countless bladderworts.
I think I got them all, oh wait I forgot to mention that VFT's are growing there, native or no, they are there.

sundews, P. primuliflora, TONS of Pitcher plants, in the panhandle you might find some VFTs, aquatic and terrestrial Utrics...AN EXPLOSION OF PLANTS!
alex

beat me to it 0zzy
alex

smile.gif

AH, you must remember that when no one answers, it doesnt mean they dont care (usually..) it means that either no one has an answer, no one will answer because thy think someone else with more knowlege will anser, or they never get around to it.

Back