Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I love my job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.understudy.net/archives/00000094.html
    I really do have a great job, I love doing it. Sometimes however I have to swim through a cess pool of stupidity.
    Sincerely,
    Brendhan

Apprently posting fully clothed non sexual photos of myself pisses off the mods. Well I do my part.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What? It's efficient, get over it.

Our studies have found that the move we can enclose employees and make them feel claustrophobic, impeded upon, and generally uncomfortable, the more outragous tasks we can easily coerce them them in to undertaking in the the name of the company.

Do not resist the company.

Catbert; Chapter 7, verse 9.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PS If you're really interested in filtering the gene pool, PM me. I may have some tools that may interest you. *shifty eyes*
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ( Understudy's web site @ April 30 2006 00:00)]I can count on one hand the number of architects and engineers on one hand I respect.
    LOL that is really funny. May want to edit your page though

When I worked customer service for Whirlpool/Kitchenaid/Roper the dumbest people calling in for support were those you mention... If they can design it, Why can't they figure out "remove that screw and it comes off"?

-Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel your pain. I have to put up with how "smart" they are with on my job too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]I feel your pain. I have to put up with how "smart" they are with on my job too.
    Me too! I am a machinist in the aerospace industry and sometimes I wonder what these so called engineers are thinking. They should have to take mandatory machine shop classes before being allowed to be an engineer. Thet don't seem to have a clue how parts are made or how things go together .
    And the engineers at Mr. Coffee are the worst. I have never seen a Mr. coffee coffeemaker that has a properly designed pot. You would think they never poured a cup of coffee out of one of their own products
    Hi. My name is Ron, and I am a nepaholic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My father, a retired mechanical engineer, has the same opinion of modern engineers. At one time engineering schools were full of students who went there because they grew up working on cars or building stuff, whether out of wood or transistors or whatever. Now engineering schools are "selective" and want students who have A's in math and high scores on #2 pencil tests. I originally went to Georgia Tech and some of the professors talked about how students used to spend hours in a machine shop every week. But they eliminated that to give them more classroom time. Sad.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Understudy @ April 30 2006,9:43)]http://www.understudy.net/archives/00000094.html
    I really do have a great job, I love doing it. Sometimes however I have to swim through a cess pool of stupidity.
    Well, that support column in the cube it not the fault of any architect or engineer.

If anybody is asleep at the wheel, it is the building's floor manager who decided to put the cubicle there; the cube could even have been configured slightly differently so that the support column wouldn't be in the way.

There is a support column in the corner of my cube, but it is not remotely in the way.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast