Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attention car people

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (cool85k5 @ May 01 2006,12:41)]In other words you have studs holding the water pump on,thats why you have to pull it straight off.And you can take them out,just be carfull and don't break them off or you will be having fun! By the way,is this a cast iron or aluminum block?

Jerry
    That is about the thck and thin of it, yes.

The block is cast (I think.) It doesn't ping like aluminum when I drop stuff on it/knock against it.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yah, that's the cool thing about Alldata- it covers your year, your make, your model, your engine, your transmission, etc.... (they dont' wanna give you access to too many models for free! lol) I also have the Haynes book. for some stuff it's good. for others, it is not. for example. 2003 Dodge Dakota quad cab 4 x 4 with 4.7L V-8 code p0499 Book doesn't even know that code exists. hahahha... Alldata gave me a flow chart to check everything and I found the frayed wires in about 5 mins after I started checking... (Darn too big tires hitting the wires in the wheel well when i turned left... )
    Anyway- lemme know dude! The double nut kit (or even buying the stud retraction tools (remove studs without messing up threads) ) can be VERY handy in removing stuff when things are tight. That is in fact a mechanic trick that we use pretty often to get the job done quicker and make more buck per hour.
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I'm in luck, Haynes manuels are pretty specific for RX7's. Anyway, good luck with yours bro.
    My life sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the short of it is that the haynes manuals are infierior when compared to alldata or a fsm (factory service manual from a dealer). i tried to get a buddy of mine to check out the alldata for it, but he already left for the day...

any updates? is there only one engine available for that year land cruiser? and dont forget, use distilled water with your coolant, not tap water.

tech...
    Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the double nut trick worked. So I got the old one off in a flash after that and the new one on. And then I put everything else beck one minus the fan shroud (which is a real beast to hevr to work around.) and fired it up for a test run. All looks and sounds good, might have the belts a little loose but I can tighten them up this afternoon when I put the shroud back on.

So it seems that the 1.8 hours quoted in the handbooks pulled out to 2.5 days but at least I can say I did it myself And next time it happens (which I doubt will be on this car cause I don't think it is going to make 500K+ miles) I'll have a better idea of what I am doing.

Thanks for all the help and tips guys, I appreciate it.

Cheers
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12