Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The immigration issue -- my $0.02

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    personally and i do honestly mean this. if my wife were to go under the knife and the worst happened, as long as the surgeon was doing the best that he could i would not think of sueing. in my mind the only time i would sue is if the doc was stoned, to darn tired to do the surgery(if this is the case he should say so and opt out unless i am aware of his situation) or just plain stupidity and in which case im not going after $ its his licence i want.

how do you figure high malpractice insurance doesnt figure in? it absolutly has to. i have to figure in the cost of my medical, home and vehicle insurance in my budget. the paper has to figure in property, medical(their share), vehicle ect ect how can the high malpractice insurance not figure in when you have x number of doctors and other health care workers on staff? saying its not a factor is sticking your head in the sand
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] I don't like the fact of having Big Brother thinking he always knows what is best for me.
    Hahaha
    "You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public" -Scott Adams-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (zac @ May 06 2006,12:37)]flaming oil-covered-crocodiles and all
    how 'bout with frickin' LASER BEAMS on their heads?
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ May 08 2006,3:49)]I'm not up on aviation so if there are faster cavilian helicopters
    Only thing faster is a pack of rocket propelled, flaming oil-covered-crocodiles, with laser beams on their heads.
    "You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public" -Scott Adams-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (altrade212 @ May 06 2006,7:55)]
    Quote[/b] ] It seems they treat here as Mexico. Not Arizona. It feels like an invasion to me.
    funny how you say invasion beacuse arizona was at one point part of mexico.. a little "taste of your own medicine" as some would say
    Sometimes you hear of Mexicans joking (sometimes not joking) that they aim to get the SW US back by becoming the dominant group here.

Well, one benefit of allowing free public education is this:

By the time they have sent their kids through our schools, and those kids have spent their life culturally immersed in the US, they have become American.

We're kinda like the Borg this way, and it's a good system.

Sure, there are downsides to it, and other benefits, too. I have no idea how to weigh the good against the bad to decide what policy is best, though.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (zac @ May 08 2006,3:49)]
    Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ May 08 2006,3:49)]I'm not up on aviation so if there are faster cavilian helicopters
    Only thing faster is a pack of rocket propelled, flaming oil-covered-crocodiles, with laser beams on their heads.
    ... on their FRICKIN' heads!
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Mokele I dunno if I could spend that long in school to make that kind of money. And also you have to realize a PhD may have the smake or more time legth, but the stress cannot be anywhere near the ones MDs go through. Not to mention they have overhead to pay most of the time as well. A professor doesn't pay this the school does. Now you are correct in that school do get funding from property taxes, but they also get federal funding too. Wasn't that part of the no child left behond things Bush setup? And the drug companies are funding their own research. Through the sales of their drugs that they advertise for to get more funds. Now do I ageree with that? Not really. Other things may be federal funded, but most drugs breakthrough are company funded.

April I agree with alot of what your saying, but I do not agree with socilized Medicine, and don't think I will either. Show me some good envidence to show it will make a difference and I will thnk about it. Everything I have seen says that it is a failure at the present time. Show me some evidnce to the contrary that as a whole it works better.

On the thing of malprectice. Most do not realize what a Dr Must do before the patient is allowed to consent for surgery. They are told there is a chance of infection. There is a chance of this complication or this complication. Now stupid mistakes like a songe left in or wrong leg cut off yes I think they should pay, but not at the level they are getting paid at. I have heard DR tell me they got sued because of a complication that he told them may accure in doing this procedure,a nd the patient still won. Its things like that that burn me up. Here we are trying to save a patient, and they were told this may happen as a result of doing the prcedure, and then they still sue when it happens. Dr are still people and even though they may perform a miricle sometimes they do not all the time, and sometimes what happens is going to happen regardless of anything else. Making a side affect turn into a lotery wining is not the answer. Its just killing the system. A system that does need to be fixed, just not by the way of socialize medicine. BIG BROTHER IS NOT THE ANSWER!

Finch you are correct. Illegal immagrents children born here are US citizens. I just do not agree with that, and think it should be changed. That would be just as bad as someone you know leaving here 9 months prego, and going to a rich country so their child could be born there at their expence and then since that child is a citizen there they are entitles to a % of the say oil money or something like that. ( just hypotheticly speaking) Now they never lived in this country a day intheir life, but yet that child is now entiled to a piece of the pie. I just don't agree with it.

Mekele About the cheaper to pay for insurance than the increase in taxes. It would cost us a HELL of alot more. Think the system is bad now. With csocialized med the DR will run every test in the book, when he should be narrowing it down to the highest suspects first. Thats just an example. More room for corruption there feeding off the system. It was going on at the medical college of GA a hospital here that was state funded till t went private. It was the most wasteful hospital in the area. It will happen again all over once socilized medicine comes in. I can just feel it. Now maybe the fare tax code proposed might bring in enough money to cover it at the current rate propsed, and since it will capture even illegals taxes and tourists then that may be feasable, but I still don't like the idea. I guess its hard for those not in the medical field to understand totaly all that goes on. On that same token I have no experience with socialized medicine other than what I have heard from Dr and on the news. I just know its a little more comlicated than Even I know about, and not a black and white issue. There is a much bigger picture at stake.

April you are right enforce the laws to the emplyers and it will help alot.

Scott and Zac! You and your FRIKIN' Laser beams are FRICKIN' hilarious!
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]And also you have to realize a PhD may have the smake or more time legth, but the stress cannot be anywhere near the ones MDs go through
    You're kidding, right? MDs have it stressful, but not *that* much more. More sleep-deprived, sure, but that's hardly the only form stress comes in. After all, when was the last time a patient that could crush an engine block in their jaws was *hunting* you? Or you had a deal with a patient from whom the merest scratch could kill you within moments?

Quote[/b] ]Wasn't that part of the no child left behond things Bush setup?
    No, that was an unfunded mandate, as is so popular when any politician wants to claim they've done something for education without actually *doing* anything. The federal funding most schools get is paltry compared to local funding via property taxes.

Quote[/b] ] And the drug companies are funding their own research. Through the sales of their drugs that they advertise for to get more funds. Now do I ageree with that? Not really. Other things may be federal funded, but most drugs breakthrough are company funded.
    Nobody's proposing changing that, and that wouldn't be harmed in socialized medicine; they'd still get their money. They also wouldn't have to waste money on advertising.

Quote[/b] ]Show me some good envidence to show it will make a difference and I will thnk about it. Everything I have seen says that it is a failure at the present time. Show me some evidnce to the contrary that as a whole it works better.
    According a 2000 report by the WHO, countries with publically funded health care spend less both as a percentage of gross domestic product and per capita, and have superior outcomes in terms of health of the population as a whole.

http://www.who.int/whr/2000/en/whr00_en.pdf

Quote[/b] ] BIG BROTHER IS NOT THE ANSWER!
    "Big brother" has nothing to do with this. That response to any socialized system is nothing but a pointless attempt to demonize the other side without cause and play of the emotions of the readers/audience.

If you have to use emotion to make your point, you don't have a point worth making.

Quote[/b] ]I just do not agree with that, and think it should be changed.
    I agree. If native-born Americans had to pass the same citizenship test I did, the total voting population would be about 3 million.

Quote[/b] ]With csocialized med the DR will run every test in the book, when he should be narrowing it down to the highest suspects first. Thats just an example. More room for corruption there feeding off the system. It was going on at the medical college of GA a hospital here that was state funded till t went private. It was the most wasteful hospital in the area. It will happen again all over once socilized medicine comes in.
    Funny, since that's *not* what happens in nations with socialized medicine. The failure of a single hospital in that regard is only a single data point, and the failure could be explained by a wide variety of other factors, including the lack of sufficient oversight.

Quote[/b] ] I can just feel it.
    Feelings are irrelevant. Only data matters, only logic. Only from that standpoint can a correct decision be made.

Mokele
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.