Likes Likes:  0
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The immigration issue -- my $0.02

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] I just do not agree with that, and think it should be changed. That would be just as bad as someone you know leaving here 9 months prego, and going to a rich country so their child could be born there at their expence and then since that child is a citizen there they are entitles to a % of the say oil money or something like that. ( just hypotheticly speaking) Now they never lived in this country a day intheir life, but yet that child is now entiled to a piece of the pie. I just don't agree with it.
    But don’t you think that the children shouldnt be punished for their parent's crimes? Because that’s what that would be. Punished to the outcast life of an illegal immigrant.

Quote[/b] ] I have heard DR tell me they got sued because of a complication that he told them may accrue in doing this procedure and the patient still won. Its things like that that burn me up.
    Agreed. these variables are part of the practice, and the only way doctors can avoid them is to not practice medicine

Quote[/b] ]"Big brother" has nothing to do with this. That response to any socialized system is nothing but a pointless attempt to demonize the other side without cause and play of the emotions of the readers/audience.

If you have to use emotion to make your point, you don't have a point worth making.
    I disagree that he is trying to “ demonize the other side without cause and play of the emotions of the readers/audience” I think he is simply stating that the big government is not the answer! No more no less
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]I disagree that he is trying to “ demonize the other side without cause and play of the emotions of the readers/audience” I think he is simply stating that the big government is not the answer! No more no less
    You can state that without allusions to 1984. To resort to such an extreme example is simple demagogy. To be totally honest, I think Big Brother should be included under Godwin's Law.

Mokele
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ***had to look up Godwin's Law*** interesting theory

as far as Big Brother, has the Patriot Act really not hit home with you?

guess im one who is more interested in supporting ones self than relying on Big Brother i am not planning on counting on social security hell ill be surprised if i live long enough

oh and for the sake of Godmans Law it is all Hitlers fault
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hitler and his Mother!!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *looks up Godwin's Law as well*

Wow, I love it.

Reminds me of "Argumentum ad Nazium"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Malpractice lawsuits certainly do cause a small % of the high cost of medical malpractice insurance, but the major cause is bad financial investments by the insurance companies. If we really wanted to reduce the cost of medical malpractice...we'd outlaw neo-natal lawsuits. You will find the bulk of them there, originating from people whose children weren't "perfect" at birth. And of course, it's all the doctor's fault!

I certainly don't feel an obligation to educate the spawn of illegal immigrants, and I begrudge every cent spent on them...we can't even properly educate the offspring of people who are inner city legal residents. Can you imagine being proud that 35% of the people in your high school graduated and are only marginally literate? The children of illegal immigrants, who often arrive not speaking a word of English, exacerbate this problem. Welcome to Chicago Public Schools.

Mokele wins.

PS...the Post docs at the University I work at make upwards of $40K a year. Profs w/o tenure at least $90K, and the heavy hitters w/tenure, upwards of $250k. There's money to be made in edumacation.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mekele I have to agree. I never thouht about some of those other things you go through to get a PhD. My appologies. Maybe I am just looking at things differently I duno. I would love doing something like that. Going through the jungle in search for something or whatnot. I would view that as stressfull atleast not in the terms I was thinking. Yeah the engine crushing thing or the scratch killing you. I can see where thats stressfull, but I duno still seems like a blast to me. Then aain I have not had that opprotunity before either, and its still something to think about that I hadn't thougt about before.

I will look up goodwins law whe I get back from taking my final. No time now. Althought is someone says it reminds them of "Argumentum ad Nazium" . It doesn't sound like a good thing LOL.

April I agree we shouldn't be educationg someone children who shouldn't behere in the first place. I don;t have an answer, and Finch I;m sorry, but thats how I feel they shouldn't have been here to begin with. Cross legaly and I will welcome the children with open arms, but force it upon me and there will be feelings of rejection.

Mokele. I still think feelings should me used to make decisions. What about all those time you knew it in your gut to do one thing, but did the other because of "data" only to be wrong? Well, I know its atleast happened to me a few times.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ] After all, when was the last time a patient that could crush an engine block in their jaws was *hunting* you? Or you had a deal with a patient from whom the merest scratch could kill you within moments?
    Good Gravy, Mokele! What on Earth do you do? Crush an engine block in their jaws? Kill you with a scratch?!!

And I thought my wife was bad......
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!