You Vandal!Originally Posted by [b
You Vandal!Originally Posted by [b
OK, after reading the replies, I have a further $0.02:
* I agree the US economy could function just fine without illegals. I also agree that heavily penalizing employers who knowingly hire illegals is a good idea. I may be a bit of a hypocrite for saying that, though, as I've never asked my gardener to produce evidence of citizenship or legal residence status.
* I am concerned that attempting to eliminate benefits for illegals will also hurt our own poorer citizens. However, I am opposed to governmental assistance that is a mere handout. I believe any assistance (other than emergency relief) should consist of providing the means to help oneself. To take advantage of the tax dollars, you'd actually have to get off your butt and do something for yourself.
* Attempting to deny education to immigrants would probably only create a more sophisticated black market in forged papers. However, if there were evidence that denying education to them would cause them at least to leave the kids back at home, in the care of other family members, then I'd be in favor of it.
* More border enforcement would certainly drop the number of people crossing, but i am unsure how expensive it would be to do so to a point where the illegal crossing became manageable.
* Perhaps we could try running a public education campaign on Mexican TV where we explain how legally to become a US resident? However, as hard as it is for, e.g., an educated Canadian to get legal permission to work here, I imagine it would be much tougher for a poorly educated Mexican (or anybody else, for that matter) to be allowed to immigrate legally.
migrating tribes displace other migrating tribes in the competition for food. this is how the whole world was populated. i think its idiotic to say the Native Americans have a divine claim to this country. more and more evidance is popping up that they were not the only group of ppl to have come to the new world well before Columbus. most archeologists are starting to believe there were actually several major migrations of even just the "native americans" so which tribes than have first dibs? this is a part of the natural order of things and has happened millions of times with millions of species and is still happening now with the illegals crossing th border. its the same thing.
hey i said twors the begining of this thread im proud of my heritageOriginally Posted by [b
Let's just change to one big global community so that no one can be an immigrant... well, maybe the extraterrestrials (sp?)....
I heard on a news program today that Mexico has strict immigration policies, and that any who is found to be an illegal immigrant to Mexico is immediately arrested and deported, and that immigrants to Mexic of any kind are not permitted to participate in political protests. Anyone know anything about that?
lol Mexico does have quite strict immigration laws. what you quote does sound like what i knew last.
I don't understand why a country has to open its borders to businesses, but is free to exclude people.
Bruce in CT
Madness is something rare in individuals — but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche
I completely agree with you.Originally Posted by [b
I cant see the fence thing as practical, as many many miles of our border are uninhabited desert. once the fence is built, who's checking and how frequently on it? i mean, if i was them id just make a dirt ramp over the wall in a desolate area nobody checked on. Or blow it up. And dont think the human smugglers wouldnt do it, anything for money.
I live in an area that is far from the border, and very very few immigrents are drawn here, so i cant say a thing about how they act once they get here but i do know that they should learn english to be moe eisily assimilated to our society.
that makes no logic
They should just dig a huge ditch like thing across the whole border .
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."
and fill it with flaming oil?Originally Posted by [b