Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greetings friends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HELLO ALL! Im back too!

Longtime no see. wh. i have been busy in scholl and work so i havnt been able to ghet on lately. nice to be back!.

About the kentucky coffetree seeds... sorry all.... i had completely forgot....

However,
    i still have your adresses and to make it up to you, for whoever it was that wanted the seeds( i have to check) i can send free of charge 1 kentucky coffetree seedling. I understand if your mad. it was a pomise of mine that i had forgotten. neverthe less i shall fufill it by sending 1 seedling each to Rail, Dallas, TX and to Joe Granville, Olympia, WA. Im very sorry about that
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seems i need a new avitar as well
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome back! Both of you, actually! Tamlin, I think the suggestion made above would definitly be one worth looking in to; now that you've got a working computer, you can find some recipes for some good eatin's!

It's very good to see you back, even though you probably don't remember me. I look forward to seeing you in the forums!
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin, Its great to have you back. I thought you might have left the forum because of your interest in rocks. Im sorry it was due to illness. Well, Im glad youre getting better, and hopefully it will be continuous improvement from now. Im sure all of the forum members will become more knowledgeable through your future postings. I wish I had some Drosera plants I could sent you, but all I have are a few common ones. But if youd like capensis, adelae, or binata multifida extrema, please let me know. Finch, I hope you weren't out due to illness, and it's also good to have you back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad you're back. I don't know you all that well, but I know you enough to see that you're a very experienced cp grower. Welcome back!

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome back Tamlin! I know I sure missed your posts.Sorry to hear about your bout with celiac,I hope you get relief soon!

Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So many warm welcome backs and plant offers too! Thanks so much guys, you warm my heart.

As to the plant offers, I am only after Utricularia, and nothing rare or difficult as I am not up to the challenge. I've already had more offers than i could accept, and I don't even have trade material. Nice folk here!!!

As to being an expert, pooh on that. I have no degree, have not done herbarium studies and have grown only a few isolated examples of vast populations. I have a good eye for Drosera, but where ranges overlap and hybridization is unrestricted, there are no criteria stable enough to make a determination based on form recognition. I have abandoned all scientific interest in the genus, and care now only for their beauty. My growing advise is generally sound and I have grown (and killed) many species, but all my advise is best guess. Might work for me and not for you. Don't depend on the experts...EXPERIMENT and adopt what works. So many fictions exist because some expert said so...e.g. growing Brasillian Drosera in terraria. (D. montana tomentosa was one of the toughest, drygrowing Drosera in my collection.) Petiolaris can't be propagated by leaf cuttings (So how come Christian Dietz and Pinguiculaman do so?) Then there's the expert advise in when to divide plants....winter for Sarracenia etc etc when in fact the optimal time is when the plant is in optimal growth. So I am not an expert. I don't want my advise to carry more weight than it deserves, but I do pln on giving it for what it's worth. The real experts have letters after their names anyhoo.

It occurs to me I forgot to thank Pyro for his weekly handwritten (imagine that) weekly letters sent. Thanls man, it's good to know you're not forgotten! Friends I got!

To all my old friends and new friends, my deepest thanks for your welcome. My body is sick, but my soul is happy (smiley).
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Hi Tamlin!

So great to see you on the forum again! It was always on the back of my mind when you would join us again. Now here you are!

-Homer

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast