Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Psychedelic Furs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting mix Brendhan. I like much (but not all) of those. Agreed about Shakira, but need to keep it PG! You toured with Pink Floyd?? Doing what?
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved their music - all 3 of their songs I heard on the radio - Heartbreak Beat, Pretty in Pink, and Love My Way. Loved New Wave and still listen to the various CD's and tapes of such. Undetsudy and I have a lot of 80's music in common! I would also toss in Blondie, Wham, Scandal, Josie Cotton, Erasure,...

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved their music - all 3 of their songs I heard on the radio - Heartbreak Beat, Pretty in Pink, and Love My Way. Loved New Wave and still listen to the various CD's and tapes of such. Understudy and I have a lot of 80's music in common! I would also toss in Blondie, Wham, Scandal, Josie Cotton, Erasure,...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JBL @ May 07 2006,3:19)]Interesting mix Brendhan. I like much (but not all) of those. Agreed about Shakira, but need to keep it PG! You toured with Pink Floyd?? Doing what?
    One of the lighting techs for the Momentary Lapse of Reason Tour.

It was the the last tour I did. It was probably one of the most fun, but one of the most exhausting. And that was after working on the Glass Spider tour with David Bowie and Peter Frampton. Which was just brutal. I did some individual dates again after but no more on the road.

The reason I did it is I was a poor apprentice electrician I couldn't afford to go to concerts. So what I would do is show up at 8 am and go in with my tool belt on. I usually went in with other roadies but even when I didn't go in with others I was always able to BS my way in I had the right tools for the right job. Eventually I got seen at enough of them that I would get called when acts came to Florida. I did all the Florida shows for Pink Floyd. I did shows for Huey Lewis, John Cougar, Blood Sweat and Tears (a favorite), Kiss, Blue Oyster Cult (4 concerts not one ever went right with the sound), Missing Persons, Sting, Pat Benatar (Incredible), Van Halen, Wall of Vodoo, Talking Heads, and Adam Ant. The one concert I never got to go to and wanted to was Uriah Heep. They had raised the drinking age to 21 and I was under and I tried to get in with tickets with friends and they were performing in a club that served alchool. I never got to see them with Ken Hensley.

I am sure there are more concerts I worked I use to go to one every other weekend at the Hollywood Sportatorium, Sunrise Musical Theatrer, James L . Knight center. Sometimes even Six Flags Atlantis. There were places in Orlando, Tampa, and Jax that I did also. I was young didn't need sleep and was poor. So why do this madness because I liked girls and girls liked backstage passes and I often had one of those, no money but a pass is priceless.
    Sincerely,
    Brendhan

Apprently posting fully clothed non sexual photos of myself pisses off the mods. Well I do my part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You worked your way into some great shows! I told my 12 yo son (into what he calls classic rock) about your touring, and thought you were part of tech crews. I'm sure he would be motivated by the same reasons that motivated you. Ah, the hormones of youth. And now, middle age--just not the same. Thanks for the details!
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to buy beer for Wall of Voodoo, cuz they weren't old enough yet. Which was really cute. Long live and god bless Marc Moreland. They had a rehearsal space on Hollywood Blvd, and we'd all go the Gazzari's Crazy Horse together..or the Whiskey. Nice guys.

My fave Furs song is "India."
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12