Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On the topic of consoles...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the gamers out there those who haven't checked out the current news about E3. The PS3 is set to release with two price tags 499 and 599. Of course the only option to go if you're a gamer is the 599 version (HD, wireless capabilities). Personally i think Sony shot itself in the foot. The hardcore will definately buy if but for the Moms and Dads out there they'll probably be getting their son/daughter a lower priced 360 or Wii since third party games span all across the 3 consoles. With price tags ranging from the 200 dollar rumored Wii to three times that amount for the PS3... what will you buy? And do you think three times the price is actually worth it when most developers agree it's impossible to tell them appart?
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm i think ill stick with my computer for what gaming i do. even my lil brother is getting away from consoles and is building a gaming computer this summer rather than get a 360 for a fraction of the cost
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see anybody other than hardcore gamers shelling out more than half a grand to buy this. That's just insane. Leave the stupid blu-ray drive out so the price can come down to a reasonable level, sheesh! If Sony insist on pushing blu-ray, subsidize the entire cost.
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (larry @ May 09 2006,8:58)]I don't see anybody other than hardcore gamers shelling out more than half a grand to buy this. That's just insane. Leave the stupid blu-ray drive out so the price can come down to a reasonable level, sheesh! If Sony insist on pushing blu-ray, subsidize the entire cost.
    The scary thing is, most consoles are already subsidized! The game companies make money on software, and typically take a hit on the hardware.
    I think that the Wii will be the first console I've purchased within six months of it's release date (I actually plan to get it ASAP) but I'll wait until the price falls AT LEAST below $300 to get a PS3. As for the 360, I've yet to see a single XBox-exclusive game I really wanted to pay for, so I haven't even looked at the new one. But I am ready to shell out an absurd amount of money for a Wii and the new Zelda.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll get one when Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy 13 are released. Hopefully by then the price will drop a little.

But I agree, $500 bux is stupid. Who the hell needs blue ray? I can already see blue ray dropping dead just like MiniDisk and UMD movies.

I think the games look good, but I (a big gamer) will NOT spend $500 bux on a console filled with crap I'm never going to use.
    My life sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather treat my PC to an nVidia GeForce 7800GTX card with that money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Nintendo Wii has already sealed its fate by being named after what sounds like a bodily fluid.

On a par with the Nissan Cedric and Nissan Silvia.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet even with the stupid name, the Wii will outsell both the 360 and ps3. I know I'm getting one for sure. They could rename it the Nintendo Feces and it would still do better than the horribly overpriced ps3 and be more inovative than the 360.
    My life sucks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast