Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: American Idol

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well...tonite is the big nite! It'll all come down to three songs. I can tell you all Richmonders will be sitting on the edge of their seats.

I hope Kat sings like she did last week...BAD. I saw Simon Cowl on Jay Leno last nite and he said Kat should have been kicked off, not Chris.

At any rate, for a guy who is 90% deaf in one ear, has NO vocal training or performance experience (other than a few times at karoake), I think Elliott has done damm good against a girl who has had many years of classical voice training and guys who have both sung and performed PROFESSIONALLY (Chris and Taylor).

Elliott, more than any of the final 4-5, has personified what American Idol is all about. Raw talent that takes on the competion, takes advantage of the instruction, learns from it and puts it into action. He's grown a lot over the weeks. He's not still in this competition because of his looks like Kat. He's there because there ARE people out there who love music and singing who recognize and appreciate his talent and his humble and kind personality, and his scrappiness for continuing to fight to stay in the competition week after week despite people putting him down about his appearance.

VOTE LIKE YAMIN IT!! VOTE for Elliott, the Yamin Machine!

Let the finals be Elliott and Taylor! Send Kat back to the Kat house.

I would be happy with either Elliott or Taylor winning. I've always loved Taylor and voted for him as well as Elliott.

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm rooting Taylor and Elliott. Elliott has gotten better and better every week, and Taylor is fun to watch perform, and has an underrated voice. Kat is fun to look at, but I don't think she even knows what she's singing, as she has the same look on her face no matter what the lyrics are. She needs a bit more edge to her personality. She has a good voice, she just needs to hit the road and get some life experience to back it up.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ May 12 2006,10:45)]Sadly I catch enough of the show before House to know what you guys are talking about.
    Ya mean like Full House?

Hay, it's Taylor all the way! Personally, from the beginning, I thought it would be Paris, but...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Caps nailed it with regards to Cat...

With the exception of Somewhere over the Rainbow last night - that was almost a flawless performance.

Unfortunately for Elliot Fans, I don't think he "brought it" last night. He was good, but I don't think he was at his full potential. Both Cat and Taylor, IMHO, outperformed him.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Caps. I'm sure Taylor will win and I'll be happy with that. I've always loved Taylor from the beginning. He feels music more than anyone else. But Kat is too affected. Her version of Over the Rainbow nearly put me to sleep. She's good, but she's not all that. She'll do fine on Broadway or as a model.

Elliott did well last nite but true he wasn't fantastic although he has the potential to be. I'm still hoping for a Taylor/Elliott finale. Elliott has had the least experience and yet has come so far with this. He deserves to be in the finals.

I am pretty ticked that having hit redial on my phone continuously for 2.5 hrs using all 3 numbers, I could never get through. That SUCKS. I didn't get to support my hometown boy.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]I am pretty ticked that having hit redial on my phone continuously for 2.5 hrs using all 3 numbers, I could never get through. That SUCKS. I didn't get to support my hometown boy.
    Actually, PAK, that's kinda GOOD news for you - it means a lot of people were voting for him.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well...Elliott didn't make it. But it was razor close between all three. Those were some incredible statistics.

For a guy with no training and no experience, his amazing voice carried him far. He did himself proud.

The Richmond shots were fun. I think Elliott had the best homecoming. He's such a sweet, emotional guy.

At least Taylor is in the finals and will most likely win. He will sing his heart out while Kat will continue to do cutesy tricks like taking her shoes off. Maybe next time she'll take off her bra and reeeaaally win the votes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Maybe next time she'll take off her bra and reeeaaally win the votes.
    If she did that, she could win my vote with the TV on mute!

Don't know the cutsie tricks - entertainment is entertainment, regardless.

Though I do think Taylor will win, as he's a better entertainer.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123