What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water Lilies

Hey Folks, I just wanted to share with you a website i found on the Nymphaeace family ( lillies, lotus, victorias) www.victoria-adventure.org It's an organization that is primarilily commited to victoria lillies but explains the other members of the family as well.

It's an awesome place, you can even get victoria seeds free of cost for your own growing.

Oh and for those who don't know what Victoria lillies are : they are thiese big humongous wide lillies with leaves about 8 feet in diameter or larger and mostly you've seen pictures where people are standing on them (which are faked) and the have a rime around the leaves with small spikes.

I don't grow this plant myself, but i bet i could if i had the space too.

Happy growing to all of yuh,
Goldtrap2690

Nice site - thanks!
I love Victoria lilies but have nowhere to grow them either!
smile_h_32.gif

BTW your signature reminds me of George Carlin!
laugh.gif

the link didnt work for me...

I allso hate that Every spring we live in their reproduction act!

and

honey is just regurgitated plant semen... You dont see that on honey bottles..

Cheers

I had no clue who george Carlin was until i just searched up his name right now THIS MAN IS HILARIOUS !!!! When i die , i wanna live just like him !!!!

Man, you've got 30+ years of comedy to research with George! My parents were old hippies so they had this records laying around for me to hear when I was a kid.

Unfortunately his comedy has become less witty and more angry in the last 10 years or so. Still good but not like on the classic albums like "Killer Carlin" (his first days he actually had a partner Paul Kramer but they split), "Toledo Windowbox", "Occupation: Foole", "On the Road", etc. Lots of live videos out there too. Someone put him in a sitcom in the 90s but whoever did the writing didn't really do too well and it flopped in like one season. It coud've been great if Carlin wrote it but it would've been too blue for network TV.

Way off topic sorry!
smile_m_32.gif

Back