What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The stupid things I do

• Thread starter Pyro
  • Start date

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
The tile says it all

This is the anole I cought while in FL last weekend

P5050004.JPG

And a macro shot because I like the detail

P5050005.JPG

Then he started to get mad...

P5050007.JPG

And even madder...

P5050001.JPG

Then I decided to be funny...

P5050010.JPG

And then one of my inlaws got this "great" idea...

P5050011.JPG

Unfortunatly my wife did not get my whole face or you'd get to see the tears too. Dang those puppies can bite hard.

So there you have it. Me, being stupid.

Did you ask him how you can save hundreds of dollars on your car insurance?

(yes, I know they're different lizards...)

LOL!! You're a crazy man!!!

I hope you took this lizard to the vet as soon as your fun was over to get his rabies shot.

I know rabies don't effect reptiles, YET.
confused.gif

At least it wasn't a skink. They draw blood!

It is refered to as a Cuban Night Anole. I have two large ones living in my yard. They are very pretty and very mean. I like them because they eat the pests. Also they are absolutley gorgeous. They are much larger than standard lizards when mature, but smaller than iguanas.
normal_anole2.jpg

Good set of pics Travis, that is some FUNNY stuff- thank goodness this is a family-type site or you coulda gotten pinched even harder somewheres even worse
smile_k_ani_32.gif

LOL! Those are great pics! I especially like the one on the ear. It looks like a natural earring.
laugh.gif

Holy cow Understudy! That thing is HUGE! Travis...I dare you to hang THAT one on your ear!
biggrin.gif

Actually Understudy the one I was messing with was not the Cuban, it was just a typical ol' green (aka Carolina) anole.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mabudon @ May 17 2006,8:59)]Good set of pics Travis, that is some FUNNY stuff- thank goodness this is a family-type site or you coulda gotten pinched even harder somewheres even worse
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Well someone else suggested my nipple but after the nose I was not going to go that far. I have a pretty high pain tolerance but I think that might have been pushing it a little...

Warning! Posting shots the Anole biting you nipple will cause the mods to have reasons to justify their jobs. The mods do not consider nipples kid friendly.

If you want I can let my Cuban Night Anole bite you. You will not forget that one. It is amazing how much of their body length is mouth.

i had a foot and a half long spotted python hang from my eye lid before, wasnt on purpose though. i was holding the 3 lil ones i had, getting them used to being handled and watching TV. well my eye blinking every so often apparenly looked like a pinkie squirming around and struck and managed to latch on to the eye lid while my eye was closed. my mom thought it was hilarious and i just sat their trying to figure out what to do next. it held on for about 30 seconds before desiding i wasnt actually food and let go. good thing it only had long enough teeth to get a grip. didnt really hurt.

ROTFLAMO Thats too funny. A nipple shot, even though not kid friendly, would have been priceless. I guarantee you it would have been less painful then getting them pierced. I know from experience. Both in one day! I had to drive home with arms out to the side and take a Demerol when I got home! I would hate to have that large one latch on though. That might be up there with the same level of discomfort!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ May 17 2006,9:10)]LOL! Those are great pics! I especially like the one on the ear. It looks like a natural earring.
laugh.gif

Holy cow Understudy! That thing is HUGE! Travis...I dare you to hang THAT one on your ear!
biggrin.gif
ooooooooooooo.... i like the earrings, too! get me a pair in pink.

One of my lab-mate's advisors, a gecko taxonomist, got bitten on the nipple by a Tokay gecko (which is about as bad as a Cuban Knight Anole). Apparently the only way to really convey the feeling is a 10-minute-long stream of profanity.

Mokele

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mokele @ May 18 2006,9:07)]Apparently the only way to really convey the feeling is a 10-minute-long stream of profanity.
LMAO!!!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mokele @ May 18 2006,9:07)]One of my lab-mate's advisors, a gecko taxonomist, got bitten on the nipple by a Tokay gecko (which is about as bad as a Cuban Knight Anole).  Apparently the only way to really convey the feeling is a 10-minute-long stream of profanity.
I HATE Tokay's. And given my proclivity for herps that is saying a lot. I have almost been nailed by 3 of the 4 poisonous snake genus and I do not hold anything against them like I hold my grudge against the Tokay. They are piranah with legs and a whole heck of alot of bad attitude. I was unfortunate enough to get hit by one while showing it to my mother's pre-school class. And you can not say just what you are thinking about that when surrounded by 30 5 year olds. 5 minutes in an ice water filled tub to get the SOB off my hand and 3 days before I could take the gauze wrap off my hand without it bleeding like a leaky faucet.

There was a time when I was working for a tropical fish wholesaler and they had more than just fish. Anyways, one of their tokays got loose and basically adopted the building as its home - mainly the walls. Once in awhile we would see it. I must say, this thing, when mouth open, is very scary. He also barks! Never could catch it... but that's tokay with me!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]5 minutes in an ice water filled tub to get the SOB off my hand

Alcohol works wonders. It doesn't damage them, but it irritates the membranes of their mouth, and just about anything will immediately let go if you douse some listerine into the mouth as it's holding on.

Mokele

Back