Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bears Eat Monkey in Front of Zoo Visitors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Years ago I went to this place down in Fla. called " Lion Country Safari". It was this huge open place where lions, rhinos, giraffes, etc... all roamed wild. No fences. You could drive through the place in your car just like if you were on safari in Africa. I never seen a lion eat a monkey or anything but we did have a rhino charge us and we had to put the pedal to the metal to get away real fast, and we had a giraffe stick it's long tongue in the car window.
    If I remember correctly there also was a place like that up in Los Angeles. Do either of those places even exist anymore?
    Hi. My name is Ron, and I am a nepaholic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds too uncontrolled for someone not to have freaked out, sued, and got them shut down by now.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder if it tasted like chicken?
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, Steve! That's just a rumor!!!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (CNCreefer @ May 17 2006,11:19)]Years ago I went to this place down in Fla. called " Lion Country Safari". It was this huge open place where lions, rhinos, giraffes, etc... all roamed wild. No fences. You could drive through the place in your car just like if you were on safari in Africa.
    I actually went to this as well. Nothing charged us, but this guy fed a banana to a giraffe through his window, and a VERY disgruntled ostrich pecked at our passenger window. The monkey section was closed, because I think they'd pull apart the canvas on the top of cars, due to some banana ingredient that they use to glue it on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not too sure about near LA but San Diego Wild Animal Park sounds like what you might be talkingabout. I've been their and while their is some fencing it is kept very minimal for a few "specimens" and they indeed do have a large savannah area. Only trouble is that since the animals are free to roam sometimes you are unable to see them.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12