What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm no photographer, but....

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Disclaimer:

Last September I took a bunch of plant pics with my supervisor's camera. This camera came with an instruction manual that was 2" thick and far more "bells & whistles" that I could possibly consider using. Anyway's Rick too the pictures that were housed at the lab and I took the ones from home. Those vividly red pigmy sundews were my attempts and they made the plants look better than reality - kinda like those pictures of produce and meats at a grocery store. A couple weeks ago I borrowed our church secretary's camera and took a bunch more. These aren't nearly as good, but here they are:

Strausplants0211.jpg

Strausplants0241.jpg

Strausplants0191.jpg

Strausplants0231.jpg

Strausplants0201.jpg

Strausplants0221.jpg

Strausplants0292.jpg

Strausplants0281.jpg

biggrin.gif

They look great! It was about time you posted those pictures!

Cheers

yeh what he said

Awesome plants, Jim! They look better than some plants I've seen growing in terrariums.

-Ben

Cool! Extra bonus points for creative containers! :highfive:
laugh.gif

Nice plants Jim. What species of Nepenthes do you have growing there?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LLeopardGGecko @ May 18 2006,1:38)]Nice plants Jim. What species of Nepenthes do you have growing there?
Thanks... There are a couple of ventratas, a Judith Finn, and an unseen Miranda cutting.

WOAH look at that flower stalk! drosera? what kind? beautiful plants Jim
alex

Nice plants ! Is that a huge flower stalk on the D. ericksoniaea ?

Not that anybody can ead anything I wrote, but the D. erricksoniae, which is one of the purple pipette thingys, off to the left, wasn't sending up stalks. Just to the right of it, suspended in a Romano cheese container, is G. hispidula with a stalk. In the background, center, is a D. pulchella, with a rogue D. spatulata that is sending up a flower stalk (the split stalk look).

Niiiice Jim.
smile.gif
You have lots of cool plants.

Good pics man- sometimes it's nice to see pics of the whole setup and not just macro flower pics- looks like stuff is holding up well after that little disruption.
Can't wait to show off my MUCH expanded outdoor setup when you make it across again
biggrin.gif
(and who knows, by then you might be able to take some seeds back with confidence)
Thanks for posting these!

boooooootiful, jim! i killed all my plants a couple of years ago. i shoulda sent em to you since i was going through instabilities.

nicely done, jim. love the ghetto containers, too.

Had to eat a lot of yogurt!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Dont worry Jim, we all have some CP's In our yogurt!

They taste mighty fine to.

PICT0756.jpg

Cheers

Back