Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: American equivalent of Provado

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    XSCD, I also use asphate... Actually I use Orthene 75 SP. But while at the do it yourself pest control I saw on the counter Asphate 75 SP. Whish is the exact same thing without the name brand! I have found the exact same as you talk about... Perfect for Sarrs and VFTS Drosera loose their dew but have always come back. I just use the lowest dose talked about on the label.
    Andrew

-Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's nice to hear some corroboration Andrew.

To the best of my knowledge, "Orthene" was the name given to acephate (which is an organophosphate) when the company Ortho patented the chemical. However, when the patent ran out, they produced an "improved" version of Orthene called Isotox (which a lot of gardeners don't like).

Luckily, other companies began to produce the generic equivalent of Orthene labeled simply as acephate. The "75 SP" (75% concentration, soluble powder) is the most concentrated acephate one can buy, I think.

Acephate 75 SP
    Be happy in the travel--there is no destination

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve, I took a look at the 75 SP link. Although I didn't see aphids speceifically, I'm sure it's covered under something. How does one go about purchasing this product? Is it only found online? Would a Home Depot or Lowes have it? Have you ever used Orthenex? I'm swimming in a sea of pesticide info and am not certain of what to use and in what strength, other than a general low strength for sundews - which is exclusively where I have found aphids.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12