Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would fine print work?
    \"Nepenthes, the Devil's Cup\" - Santos
    Updated 5/27/06 Grow/Want List
    Updated 4/4/06 My Nepenthes Photo Album
    Feel free to call me @: (562)528-6223 - seriously!

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Would fine print work for what?
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    or like a disclamer
    \"Nepenthes, the Devil's Cup\" - Santos
    Updated 5/27/06 Grow/Want List
    Updated 4/4/06 My Nepenthes Photo Album
    Feel free to call me @: (562)528-6223 - seriously!

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, for legality purposes we have no responsibility... So fine print or dissclaimer really wouldn't help. I mean we have a rules post that is stickied in the General disscussions forum and it doesn't get read either. haha... But just because we LEGALLY don't have that responsibility doesn't mean someone isn't going to talk to us and try to get us to help them out... That's all i'm saying about the "we couldn't do much to help" statement.
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I participated in a group purchase coordinated by the individual whom the mods are warning PFT members about, and I was more than satisfied with the results. The group purchase provided an opportunity, without spending a lot of money, to acquire hybrids that are not available from nurseries in the U.S. Overall, the plants I received were large and healthy, and they are doing well. I was so satisfied that I am participating in the group purchase that is now being organized.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its one thing to post an indemnity clause, its totally something else to post history of an individual based on specific incidences where anything could look like anything else!

Besides isn't this the forum where everyone speaks freely in PM-exclusively? Communism at best!

Go figure!
    Morticia:\"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc, 'We would gladly feast on those who try to subdue us.' Not just pretty words. but words to live by!\"

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that this situation is a good example of the moderators trying to make our community here run smoothly, it really isn't fair to attack them for trying to be cautious- I imagine none of you here have had to deal with a deal gone WRONG wherein "you" (the moderators) have NO real recourse, nothing to say to the affected parties but "you should be more careful" then get a PM-box full of blame, or see a potential hobbyist leave the hobby/community out of disappointment

The way it was worded in the initial post is FINE, and the fact that there have been previous events which led to a banning means that, while not an actual defined responsibility, a person of conscience (especially if they will also be the ones "responsible" for sorting things out despite their NON responsibility to this effect as also made clear in the initial post) would have to make at least a quick mention of even potential troubles, if only to make it CLEAR that even tho they hold the "moderator power" (which some seem to think gives them giant egos and some sort of superpowers, which being a moderator elsewhere I can assure everyone is NOT the case) there is NOTHING they can do short of mediate in such situations.

Again, to anyone trying to tear the moderators here a new one- YOU aren't the ones who get told to make things right when someone gets burned, THEY are and since it's their position, they must go about it in the way they see best, which seems to be the case here

Wonder if this thing will get out of control and the Big guy will end up posting like that weird blowup a year or two ago... (and edit that out if it is causing problems, I just remember that and found it... interesting to say the least, lets hope that's not where this is going)
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i see nothing wrong with the mods post. seemed a fair assesment to me. i also was aware of the individuals history and was also aware that his last group order went off fine. most all the members that have been here over a year should be aware of what would happen if a trade went bad, however some of the newer members might not and it doesnt hurt to have it spelled out for them.

good job Mods
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast