What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i got the job position

• Thread starter bugfreak
  • Start date
okay. my hubbie works for a company that repairs alloy wheels.

well.... hmmmm... one of the drivers got into a real bad wreck last week so i've been filling in as a driver since friday where the hubby works. the position i really coveted was the office position because it pays a bit more and you get off on time. well... i was planning on being a driver until they found another one and then work in the office if all went well. long story short- the chic they hired for the office position didn't last a day so i've officially got the position, which entails doing pretty much everything but it's all good. the pay is equivalent to about what i would have anticipated after my four year degree so i can't complain. didn't have to go through the whole interview process and stuff either, which was cool and i wear jeans/whatever to work. awesome! i took back this stupid suit thingie for my job searching in a quickness! i really didn't want to work at the same company as hubby but i'm not gonna find anyone that pays even close to what i'll be earning and it's not like i have to sit with him all day so we'll be alright.

Congrats! It's great when the stars align and things seem to fall in place. It sounds like a great situation!

Capslock

Congratulations! The best part is that you get to wear jeans. So how are you getting to work? Who's driving and what car are you using?

Congratulations! I hope it works out well for you. And the jeans thing is a definite plus. No "wardrobe" bills.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ May 25 2006,6:47)]Congratulations! The best part is that you get to wear jeans. So how are you getting to work? Who's driving and what car are you using?
if i have to drive somewhere, i take the work truck. until they hire another driver, i'll probably be doing a short route in addition to the office.

this little cutie is costing me about as much as a decent used BMW 3 series.... (i think i'm gonna call her Beamer now since mommy can't drive one. oh well- i'm sure you're no stranger to this jim- you with all those kiddies)

IM000018.jpg

here is the website for where i work

Wheels America

Back