User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: i got the job position

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay. my hubbie works for a company that repairs alloy wheels.

well.... hmmmm... one of the drivers got into a real bad wreck last week so i've been filling in as a driver since friday where the hubby works. the position i really coveted was the office position because it pays a bit more and you get off on time. well... i was planning on being a driver until they found another one and then work in the office if all went well. long story short- the chic they hired for the office position didn't last a day so i've officially got the position, which entails doing pretty much everything but it's all good. the pay is equivalent to about what i would have anticipated after my four year degree so i can't complain. didn't have to go through the whole interview process and stuff either, which was cool and i wear jeans/whatever to work. awesome! i took back this stupid suit thingie for my job searching in a quickness! i really didn't want to work at the same company as hubby but i'm not gonna find anyone that pays even close to what i'll be earning and it's not like i have to sit with him all day so we'll be alright.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! It's great when the stars align and things seem to fall in place. It sounds like a great situation!

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! The best part is that you get to wear jeans. So how are you getting to work? Who's driving and what car are you using?

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! I hope it works out well for you. And the jeans thing is a definite plus. No "wardrobe" bills.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ May 25 2006,6:47)]Congratulations! The best part is that you get to wear jeans. So how are you getting to work? Who's driving and what car are you using?
    if i have to drive somewhere, i take the work truck. until they hire another driver, i'll probably be doing a short route in addition to the office.

this little cutie is costing me about as much as a decent used BMW 3 series.... (i think i'm gonna call her Beamer now since mommy can't drive one. oh well- i'm sure you're no stranger to this jim- you with all those kiddies)

here is the website for where i work

Wheels America