Thread: Meet your meat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mokele i agree with that 110%
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a fan of PETA, but distributing videos of horrible scenes in a slaughterhouse is a good thing. I've never agreed with the old saying about not wanting to know how laws and sausages are made. People need to know and, if they have a problem with something, they should try to change it. Unfortunately, too many people prefer to not know what gets done for them and to them, so a lot of bad sh*t happens. Slaughterhouses aren't the least of it, but they're far from the worst of it.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol that reminds me, i told the girls the next time they complain about my cooking, im going to tell them whats in their precious bolagna and hot dogs
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]People need to know and, if they have a problem with something, they should try to change it. Unfortunately, too many people prefer to not know what gets done for them and to them, so a lot of bad sh*t happens. Slaughterhouses aren't the least of it, but they're far from the worst of it.
    To an extent, yes, but part of me wonders how much of what people would object to or find gross is for a *real* reason, as opposed to superficial judgements or irrational taboos.

To use an alternative example, a common experimental technique in a field of biology related to mine is electroretinography. If 99% of the public were to see it, they'd be horrified to see an animal with wires on its eyes. Only when you actually take the time to understand what's going on do you realize that the wires end in non-abrasive pads that only touch the surface of the eye, not penetrate it, and that the animal is so doped up it thinks it's running through a field of daisies.

People form superficial judgements based on poor understanding, and rarely let these go, even if faced with an actual explantation. Call me elitist, but I fervently believe that any decision requiring any level of expertise should *never* be in the hands of the public.

Just because it *looks* bad doesn't mean it *is* bad. And then of course there's the fact that most people have such a sheltered existence that death actually freaks them out. Most even see it as somehow 'bad', further showing their ignorance of how the world actually works.

Mokele, firmly elitist
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree on the Animal Rights Terrorists (just a way to put it)

Blowing up oil rigs is no way to solve what they do in slaughter houses.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Bruce. The facts of factory farms and slaughterhouses are important to know. People SHOULD know where their food comes from and how it is produced. We're so hung up on everything being the cheapest it could possibly be that abuses go on everywhere from slaughterhouses to sweatshops. It takes someone to get the information out for it to change, and I think everyone has some responsibility to know what they end up funding.

I'm a meat-eater, but I try to stay away from factory farm meats and only buy from reputable and ethical sources. And I don't hesitate to eat vegetarian meals often. Like the felafel sandwich I just finished. MMMM.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rattler_mt you don't like elk hmm? Are sure, have you ever had a Colorado cow elk before? Next time you are come to the Springs I will have to make you something, like my famous elk Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich with mushroom oh man it make me hungry just thinking about it.

-Jeremiah-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, what a responce, I'm glad to see some agree with me

health:
    1a vagens live longer
    1b my vegan great grandmother lived to 98, she outlived all but two of her six child family
    2a countries with high vegan populations are the most fit
    2b I dont think i have ever seen a fat vegan

yes it was a consentration of all the viollence that occurs but there is still extreme cruelty in these meat factories
    3 companies dont care about animal feelings
    4 companies rather expand than buy pain killers
    5 companies rather buy growth harmones and steroids than painkillers

There are no magical nutriences that can only be found in meats
    so why cause pain when it isn't necessary?
    6 protien deficiency is extremely rare
    7 cholestorole is produced in an organ in your body
    8 we get too much calcium, dairy companies pay those idiots in congress to higher the recomended calcuim intake for adults.

THE ANIMALS WERE HERE FIRST!
    geesh, its only a mater of time we "intelectual beings" begin to eat ourselves.

Mens Et Manus

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast