What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet your meat

• Thread starter 7santiago
  • Start date
confused.gif

So you dont Care about Geneticaly enjeneard plants, all those plants that are misstreated and died??
laugh.gif

What about that superthrive? and Pestisides you use? Poor little afids need some place to live to. I think youre making a big deal over some thing thats a small and petty.

Yes they are mistreated, yes they can feel more pain than a plant, but Still eather way we have done it for years, and unless every one in the states can get their own pig, cow and coup of chickens I doubt this is preventable.

I am sad that you are comparing Pig's cows and chickens to Human beings with more complex thought proscesses, it doesn help that their was an evil man behind the holoucost. The people who own the companys are simply trying to supply the Country with food.

At least they arent beating the pigs, and Doing evil things to them, As the holocoust the people were tormented. Remeber that Complex Brain we have? Maybe it would hurt a human mentaly more than a pig.

Drugging the pigs is bad, Maybe a few more feet in the cages, a few lighting, some good vents, And Things, But what are you going to do about the people who dont let their Horses Rais the young? Put the embryo into a nother breeder horse? Yell at them to cause they are trying to make a living? ITs fine to go vegan, but critisicing the People who run the factorys is also wrong.

But it is preaty cool that you HAve stopped eating Meat, noble cause for a 5 year old.

Cheers

I am a strict Vegan, as well. I got this video a few years ago, via Peta. Nice to see another vegan here!

for you to say that is insulting to those in the holocaust

I read the article. I found a couple of lies in it, and a lot of over exaggerations. I have worked in both slaughter houses and the "factory" farms they are talking about.

I'll admit that I saw some things that will bother me for the rest of my life at the slaughter houses and the farms. After I worked at the slaughter house I couldn't eat pork for almost a year.

But I hate the organizations that only see one side of a issue. Peta, green peace, NRA, Republicans, democrats, judges ect. I agree with the cause of most of theses organizations but the way their closed mindness repulses me. They never solve any issues because they refuse to listen to the other side.

I think I'll go get a cheeseburger.

I'm sorry, but it's their job. The people do that to provide us with food. Though there are vegans out there, the majority still eat meat. Now imagine that one day a protest is successful and one slaughter house goes down. That one slaughter house could have provided for maybe 100,000 people. Those people are going to start having to eat vegetables and fruits and stuff. Eventually more slaughter houses will go down. This will lead to a decrease in food supply so it will be an increase in disease and deaths. Thus we lower the human population.

You have to think about this. You're complaining about eating meat, yet you allow your plants to do it. It's not like you would go around killing your carnivorous plants for torturing their prey. If you can compare the slaughter house with your say VFT. The slaughter house breaks bones here and there and then they evenutally get eaten. In a VFT, an unsuspecting small animal is suddenly trapped in a VFT. Sometimes parts of it's body hang out. We'll use a leg hanging ut for this case. The VFT will slowly close in on the prey, it will then start digesting the prey while it is alive. It is being drowned in acids, it's flesh being burned from the inside. The acid slowly eats it, let's say its still concious, the leg sticking out will soon start to rot. The rot affects the prey and slowly kills the trap as well. The insects juices may never have been absorbed. Then it was tortured for no reason, no one benifited.

Then there are the pitcher plants, they lure their prey with nector and such. It gives them a sense of happiness so they go in further. As they get trapped they realize there is water in the bottom. They try and crawl out. Yet they can't and get poked by little things in the pitcher. As they do this, their body slowly gets digested. Little by little legs may start burning as they still try and escape. Eventually they tire and give up. They are surrounded by acids and are slowly eaten alive.

Then there are the sundews. They trap their prey helplessly. Their beautiful leaves glisten in the sun like a whole leaf of nector. They try and land just to drink it. As they land they are immediately trapped. They struggle to be free as dew penetrates through their exoskeletons. The juices slowly dissolve it from the inside. These insects struggle as all their organs and muscles are burning. They struggle for dear life. All the while acid is pumping through their veins, destroying the inner layers and moving on. When the insect gives up it is usually still alive and is being digested.

There are manyu more sadistic ways a carnivorous plant destroys its prey. I doubt you will go kill your plants for doing what they do naturally. I mean humans have cultured chickens, cows, pigs, etc. They give them life and they take it to help their own species. I know they may not do it the nicest way possible but it's the fastest and it produces a lot of food and feeds many people. All in all, I'm just trying to say, it's a natural process of survival of the fittest. If you mods think this is too gorey or vulgar you can delete it. I just wanted to get my opinion out there

darn im glad i eat alot of deer and speed goats and elk and bison
smile_n_32.gif
shoot and butcher most myself. we can have 2 deer compleatly deboned and packaged and even a batch of sausage made in 4 hours from the time i start skinning the first one. alot of the cuts aint pretty but they taste just fine on the grill.

most of my beef i buy from local ranchers, the last store bought roast torqued me off cause they had injected so much dang water in it it turned to stew in the crock pot. all the bison ive eaten so far is farm raised. never went and shot one cause i dont want to deal with a 1200 pound critter myself with just a couple knifes and saws.

as Ozzy said their are some out right lies in that. ill take a burger too Ozzy, drank to much beer tonight without supper
smile_n_32.gif

Kahnli: i did not mean it to insult but observe, the Jewsh/polish populations where fed for labor, then they are murdered ruthlessly, and there bodies were used for soap and hair cloth.
It was a sad time in human history, and those who died definatly did not deserve it. i did not mean to be offencive but instead i was just using this as an example.

Goofzilla: YEY!!!
laugh.gif

In a cave man sort of voice JB_Orchid guy says "MEAT GOOD!!!"

smile_n_32.gif

Meat very good. We're omnivorous creatures for a reason: Until the investion of the supermarket, vegetarianism wasn't an option. There is nowhere on earth (i.e. area in which a human can walk to gather their food/ farm food without technology) that would suppor the human metabolism on pure vegitarianism.

I'm with rattler here, if I don't shoot and butcher the meat myself it just does not taste right. Last year our family got 2 deer and 2 cow elk, we don't hunt for trophies just for the meat.

-Jeremiah-

very nice, all we shot last year were a couple mulie does, one lil bitty one(on accident, dont shoot a lone deer on the prairie with nothing to judge size) and one monster of a 2 year old. we hunt for horns most of the time but are quite often also carrying doe and cow tags. heck between the wife and i alone we had 4 tags just for deer last year. we both also has speed goat tags and elk tags(though these werent good for where we were hunting, we didnt draw a special permit)

JH even farm raised bison will beat any elk yah ever shoot. beats beef hands down too
smile_n_32.gif

I have a great respect for vegans but I couldn't live without M&Ms

"MEAT GOOD!!!!"

i help kill a pig once in mexico and i was surprised on how much meat came oout of it. nothing was left to waste!

Frankly, nothing PETA says is worth listening to. They use deliberately misleading video (often from foreign, unregulated farms and slaughterhouses), commit boatloads of logical fallacies, and are unable to make their point without resorting to cheap sensationalism. If you can't make a point on logic alone, without emotion, you don't have a point worth making, period.

That and the fact that they have ties to and fund terrorists such as the Animal Liberation Front.

Taking PETA's word on animal rights issues is like taking the Taliban's word on Islam.

Mokele

Mokele i agree with that 110%

I'm not a fan of PETA, but distributing videos of horrible scenes in a slaughterhouse is a good thing.  I've never agreed with the old saying about not wanting to know how laws and sausages are made.  People need to know and, if they have a problem with something, they should try to change it.  Unfortunately, too many people prefer to not know what gets done for them and to them, so a lot of bad sh*t happens.  Slaughterhouses aren't the least of it, but they're far from the worst of it.

lol that reminds me, i told the girls the next time they complain about my cooking, im going to tell them whats in their precious bolagna and hot dogs
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]People need to know and, if they have a problem with something, they should try to change it. Unfortunately, too many people prefer to not know what gets done for them and to them, so a lot of bad sh*t happens. Slaughterhouses aren't the least of it, but they're far from the worst of it.

To an extent, yes, but part of me wonders how much of what people would object to or find gross is for a *real* reason, as opposed to superficial judgements or irrational taboos.

To use an alternative example, a common experimental technique in a field of biology related to mine is electroretinography. If 99% of the public were to see it, they'd be horrified to see an animal with wires on its eyes. Only when you actually take the time to understand what's going on do you realize that the wires end in non-abrasive pads that only touch the surface of the eye, not penetrate it, and that the animal is so doped up it thinks it's running through a field of daisies.

People form superficial judgements based on poor understanding, and rarely let these go, even if faced with an actual explantation. Call me elitist, but I fervently believe that any decision requiring any level of expertise should *never* be in the hands of the public.

Just because it *looks* bad doesn't mean it *is* bad. And then of course there's the fact that most people have such a sheltered existence that death actually freaks them out. Most even see it as somehow 'bad', further showing their ignorance of how the world actually works.

Mokele, firmly elitist

Back