User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i'm killing more plants (not the cp though)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my plants hate me!!! they are all dying on me! they must have conspired and commited suicide... yes. that's the only rational explanation.

no, but seriously. i will never plant basil or parsley again. the vfts and rosemary are doing well. oregano is doing fair. and get this.... i'm killing the peppermint- they one plant that even "special" people can't kill if they tried. what gives?

they receive hot hot afternoon/evening sun with the most intensity , i suspect this is the primary culprit but i don't know what to do about it. i'm not superwoman. i can't lift the building and turn it around. our patio window is blocked so we don't get any light through it. (got some ghetto-looking foil on it cause our a/c is inefficient. DANG! i hate this place!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]no, but seriously. i will never plant basil or parsley again. the vfts and rosemary are doing well. oregano is doing fair. and get this.... i'm killing the peppermint- they one plant that even "special" people can't kill if they tried. what gives?
    I have the same problem. My mother once quipped that I have a blood-red thumb; I can only raise carnivores.

Mokele
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you know what my mom is having a sucky time with basil too! it shouldnt have a bunch of water so they have all died from stem rot! her other herbs are looking aewsome except for her Dill which is getting sunburnt. oh well. from what i have heard peppermint is tons less hardy and forgiving than spearmint which spreads like bermuda grass!
    good luck
    alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PFFFF mints easy! Well I guess it depends on climate maybe? I dont know how wide spread mint is, but I got Spear mint from NY.

Of course I tend to kill almost every thing ealse except for dandilions and w/e can be planted in the yard.

Cheers

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd hate you too if you were trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *sigh* i'm not trying to kill them ozzy. they just hate me anyway so they'd rather commit suicide.

any advice? anyone in texas want my mint? where's that copcar fella. he lives right down the street from where we work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try giving it more water and a bit of shade.

Cheers

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast