What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ant Queen

Im fairly sure this is a Carpenter ant queen. Some of you are like OMG youre insain! A Carpenter ant? What if she gets out?

Well If I cant figure out how to care for her (SEARCHING MY MIND OUT) I will go to the forest and let her go...

Easy as that. Oh and by the way shes HUGE! Those are Quarter
inch Squares their.

0c2f46f3.jpg

0767df33.jpg

976cfcf5.jpg

adc8969f.jpg

5f65c6a7.jpg

Cheers

She's a beaut! I'm hoping to find a few ant queens this year and a carpenter ant would be awesome. Their are sites telling of how to set up a queen chamber for them...prolly the most important thing is correct moisture content and peace and quiet.

That's a big ant! Do people keep ants in like a giant ant farm type glass frame or just a terrarium?

Keep an eye out this is the second Camponotus queen Ive found today! The first one still had wings and was flying dont know if she found a happy home or even fertalized yet!

If you do the drones (males) have more round heads.

Well What I did hear is set her up in a CD case (CD holer part taken out) Lined with Cotton wraped in Paper towels. to keep her moist till she totaly finds peice with her self. and lays some eggs and in 3-4 months their should be workers! (dont need to feed her she lives of fat reserves and muscles till first few workers.

Hopefully she stays happy, Heck this is ant queen number two! I have some kind of small queen. shes tiny probably the size of this ones Midregion!

But after this Im getting a Cork set up. (peice of cork between 2 peices of Glass) If not A plaster set up!

And yes people do Check out the http://p211.ezboard.com/bantfarm

Their are some preaty neat Ants out their!

Cheers

Can I say ant Queens!

I found Yet ANOTHER ONE! whoohoo! looks like im gettin a plaster set up and a Cork set up see wich one does best!
mad.gif

Cheers

Back