Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I found this in the woods behind my house

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crappy pics, but here they are. What is the name of this? Is it a flava? I have more pics coming, it is just taking me a while to get them loaded on my computer.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first pic looked to me to be similar to a minor, but the next two pics really do look like a flava.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, looks like you have more than one species here. The first is probably S. minor x flava. The other pics look almost like oreophila, but that's highly unlikely. Any larger pitchers?

On a side note, it looks like these plants are suffering from lack of light, the result of too many years without a good burn. Could you get us some habitat shots?

More pics please!

Peter
    the cellist

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you need to look again. Looks more like S. alata to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clue kiddies. B28 is in Mississippi. You are looking at (correct the county if I am wrong, Kristi) a Perry Co., Miss. s. alata. Are they on your property, Kristi??
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, they are on my property. Yes, they are in a low light area. I was suprised by that. It is a boggy area (at least when we are not in drought like right now). I do have more pics that I am trying to load, I have dial up and my computer keeps freezing. I'll get more as soon as I can, and I'm not sure I took a good habitat pic, I may have to go back out and get one. That is not a problem. All the plants looked alike to me, so I doubt there is a mix here, just the different pictures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So does that mean it is okay to dig a few up if they are on my property? Not "my" property, but church property, which is where we live, in the parsonage. These are directly behind our house. Private property. I certainly don't need permission from church members before getting them, I know that. They don't even know what they are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See, it is just very shady, only filtered patches of light here and there. The only thing going for it was the boggy area. There was a fairly large patch of plants though, so something must be right for them. I still have more pics coming.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast