What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting the smell of death out of your car

um... you guys, i need your help.

How do you get that nasty stomach-turning smell of death out of your car? Poor Pookie (the VW Beetle)... The windows, sunroof, and trunk have been open all day but it's still lingering ever so pungently.

I suppose you people want an explanation, huh... gawd! you guys can be sooo nosy sometimes- i swear! can't a girl have a car that reeks of death without any raised eyebrows? Well, apparently not all the groceries made it upstairs the other day. Did you know that if a one pound roll of ground beef is left out in the heat like that, it swells to where it is perfectly spherical and looks like a balloon? Thank goodnes I found it before it exploded. Yesterday, I griped at Nathan for farting in the car and then trapping it in there for me to smell. Well, I guess it really wasn't him or Vanessa (the baby).

I sudgest Just letting it AIR out. To cover it up, I would get Some oust.

Cheers

Are the seats fabric? If so, I've had great luck both in cars and in home using Febreeze to get rid of or cover odors.

Mokele

Febreze...
smile.gif

Oh for the love of....
I am in the middle of grilling burgers, come in between flipping them, and read this...

smile_t_32.gif

Cheers,

Joe

I think we found the fudge.

smile_k_ani_32.gif

I had a gallon of milk bust in my car, in the summer time. I cleaned it the best I could. But it still stunk really bad. I sprayed it with all kinds of stuff. then it smelled like flowers and rotten milk. I then tryed baking soda and ornge peels. It helped somewhat but it never came out. I must remind you that was way before febreeze was ever thought of.

I think you should do everybody a favor and burn it. Then go by a better car like a pinto or gremlin.

if it's really REALLY bad, and just won't go away, some car places will do ozone treatments to get rid of odors... my first car was heavily smoked in before i got it and the ozone treatment definitely took the punch out of it (along with a ridiculous amount of scrubbing, which it sounds like you've already done!). i've heard it will work on other odors as well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mokele @ May 29 2006,7:37)]Are the seats fabric? If so, I've had great luck both in cars and in home using Febreeze to get rid of or cover odors.

Mokele
leather...

the whole car smells and the meat was in the trunk, which is lined with a fabric. i guess i can go buy some febreeze. i am really really really broke right now. almost destitute until i get my first paycheck. (ya know... buying clothes and paying for childcare and bills still needs to happen regardless of the fact i haven't started to get paid yet)

hey hillibilly... er.. ozzy. i challenge your pinto to my beetle. this is off topic, but did you know that they seriously have die cast models of a gremlin and a pinto at walmart? i laughed my butt off.

meanwhile, i don't want to drive the car to go buy the febreeze. do i need to just spray that febreeze crap on the trunk fabric or really get all up in it and scrub?

Griffin, how are the burgers? can i have one? i assume is smells better than my burgers. i threw it in the dumpster.

Febreze is a spray thing... just spray the entire inside of your car.

A neighbor kid stuffed a fish under my dads car seat back when I was young. I don't remember what he did to get rid of the smell but it stank for a long time!

Mythbusters put a pig in a car for 2 months (more extreem than your problem yes.. but anyway) they had the car cleaned by a pro, and then went at it themselves, removed EVERYTHIGN and started there. They were NOT able to get the smell out. So your car is trash. sorry.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Good luck though.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ May 30 2006,12:09)]Mythbusters put a pig in a car for 2 months (more extreem than your problem yes.. but anyway) they had the car cleaned by a pro, and then went at it themselves, removed EVERYTHIGN and started there. They were NOT able to get the smell out. So your car is trash. sorry.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Good luck though.
smile.gif
yes, i saw that episode. those were TWO WHOLE PIGS for a long time...
we're talking ONE POUND of ground beef. adnedarn, what do you do for a living where you would actually consider trashing the car cause of this.
smilie4.gif

i'll go tell pookie he's trash and give nathan a nice throat hug. the babysitter comes to our place so i think we will take a different car to work. you know what would be funny? if someone tried to steal it and changed their mind.

a buddy of mine suggested something called Ozium that's a spray you can buy at Walmart. her son left some milk in one of her vehicles until it turned to a nasty cottage cheese-looking gunk.

if anyone has any other suggestions that are not retarded, i would really appreciate it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]So your car is trash. sorry.

I have been telling her that for months.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i'll go tell pookie he's trash

I'm really glad you are finally seeing the truth.

If you insist on keeping the car, you can always try the "exchange one odor for another" method. Try peeing where the beef was. The ammonia should cancel out the rotten meat smell.

ozzy, you are retarded.

i am going to buy a new car hopefully by the end of this year but the beetle is never getting trashed. the pee thing would be okay but i have a baby and she deserves better.

i've got some baking soda in there now and the windows rolled down. i'd go beat up my husband but he outweighs me by about 110 pounds so he probably won't even notice that i'm trying to beat his butt.

how bout just tossing a couple used dipers back there, the baby will recognise the smell and be right at home. honestly though it cant be any worse than when my step daughter leaves her shoes in the car on a hot day.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ May 29 2006,8:22)]I think you should do everybody and burn it.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Woah their Ozzy this is a family freindly forum im preaty sure!

Any ways back on topic, I left some earth worms in a truck on a hot day,while fishing one day and forgot about them on the way back! and didnt drive for the next day and it was parked in the sun!

confused.gif
yuck!

Cheers

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bugfreak @ May 29 2006,10:18)]adnedarn, what do you do for a living where you would actually consider trashing the car cause of this.
smilie4.gif
It's not so much what I do for a living but what I do as a hobby... So I guess you need a new car (in my eyes) simular to the reason Ozzy says so. Just cause it's a bug. LOL What hobby am I talking about? Were a vehicle needs to do FUN stuff, with just getting you around. Like my doge dakota quad cab... gets me the wife and the baby around, but the over sized tires, performance stuff posi, etc lets me go just about anywhere I want to go... Then there is the '68 camaro project, can also get the family around, but if I need milk in 10 seconds I can do that. Tubbed wheels, 350 stroker (398ci) twin turbo etc etc hehehe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ May 30 2006,12:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ May 29 2006,8:22)]I think you should do everybody and burn it.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Woah their Ozzy this is a family freindly forum im preaty sure!
lmao

i noticed that in his post too. i didn't see how that would help my poor car though

the beetle is silly if you were to buy one for a family car. i had it before the baby. thank goodness i didn't buy that miata. i'm a sporty roadster kinda gal. i have never in my life had to think about having to transport bulky stuff or people. i generally hate trucks and SUV's (unless they are put to practical use)... hey! everybody has their own unique tastes and opinions. you guys think my beetle is gay and i don't give a flying fart. i was my dream reality car for years and i finally got one a couple years ago.

pookie smells worse than poopie or nasty feet. i wish i could post a smell! it's wretched but you can't smell it unless you lean into the car at least.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i noticed that in his post too. i didn't see how that would help my poor car though

It would help me.

Opps

I'll go edit that. I swear that's not what I meant.

I fixed it. Maybe Freud was right.
confused.gif

Back