Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting the smell of death out of your car

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    um... you guys, i need your help.

How do you get that nasty stomach-turning smell of death out of your car? Poor Pookie (the VW Beetle)... The windows, sunroof, and trunk have been open all day but it's still lingering ever so pungently.

I suppose you people want an explanation, huh... gawd! you guys can be sooo nosy sometimes- i swear! can't a girl have a car that reeks of death without any raised eyebrows? Well, apparently not all the groceries made it upstairs the other day. Did you know that if a one pound roll of ground beef is left out in the heat like that, it swells to where it is perfectly spherical and looks like a balloon? Thank goodnes I found it before it exploded. Yesterday, I griped at Nathan for farting in the car and then trapping it in there for me to smell. Well, I guess it really wasn't him or Vanessa (the baby).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sudgest Just letting it AIR out. To cover it up, I would get Some oust.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are the seats fabric? If so, I've had great luck both in cars and in home using Febreeze to get rid of or cover odors.

Mokele
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Febreze...
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh for the love of....
    I am in the middle of grilling burgers, come in between flipping them, and read this...

Cheers,

Joe

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we found the fudge.

I had a gallon of milk bust in my car, in the summer time. I cleaned it the best I could. But it still stunk really bad. I sprayed it with all kinds of stuff. then it smelled like flowers and rotten milk. I then tryed baking soda and ornge peels. It helped somewhat but it never came out. I must remind you that was way before febreeze was ever thought of.

I think you should do everybody a favor and burn it. Then go by a better car like a pinto or gremlin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if it's really REALLY bad, and just won't go away, some car places will do ozone treatments to get rid of odors... my first car was heavily smoked in before i got it and the ozone treatment definitely took the punch out of it (along with a ridiculous amount of scrubbing, which it sounds like you've already done!). i've heard it will work on other odors as well.
    "Seeds? Oh yeah... sometimes I forget they grow from those. I feel like they should hatch or something."

~a friend's observation of my CP's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Mokele @ May 29 2006,7:37)]Are the seats fabric? If so, I've had great luck both in cars and in home using Febreeze to get rid of or cover odors.

Mokele
    leather...

the whole car smells and the meat was in the trunk, which is lined with a fabric. i guess i can go buy some febreeze. i am really really really broke right now. almost destitute until i get my first paycheck. (ya know... buying clothes and paying for childcare and bills still needs to happen regardless of the fact i haven't started to get paid yet)

hey hillibilly... er.. ozzy. i challenge your pinto to my beetle. this is off topic, but did you know that they seriously have die cast models of a gremlin and a pinto at walmart? i laughed my butt off.

meanwhile, i don't want to drive the car to go buy the febreeze. do i need to just spray that febreeze crap on the trunk fabric or really get all up in it and scrub?

Griffin, how are the burgers? can i have one? i assume is smells better than my burgers. i threw it in the dumpster.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast