What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kakuro!

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Also appearing in our newspapers, in the puzzle section, is Kakuro:

Kakuro site

Try it, you'll like it!

Sorry Jim, but I'm doing real good just being able to count to 9!
smile_n_32.gif
My wife likes Kakuro, though. My daughter thinks anyone who messes with numbers for relaxation is a bit more than a half bubble off. lol

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ May 30 2006,10:48)]Sorry Jim, but I'm doing real good just being able to count to 9!
smile_n_32.gif
  My wife likes Kakuro, though.  My daughter thinks anyone who messes with numbers for relaxation is a bit more than a half bubble off. lol
LOL! so I guess my signature (Math is our friend) doesn't sit well with D. (alicia)e?
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ May 31 2006,2:19)]so I guess my signature (Math is our friend) doesn't sit well with D. (alicia)e?
confused.gif
LOL!

I suspect as she gets older and math is no longer associated with school work, she will find aspects of it that she enjoys. That sorta runs strong in my side of the family through my mom. My grandmother would sit for hours adding and subtracting numbers. My mom use to do astrology charts for people and that involved calculating planetary positions (though there were charts she used for a lot of that). And her mom and I do Sudoku and Kakuro games. She doesn't stand a chance.
smile_s_32.gif
Mwahahaha!

AHA! you do do them! Addicting, aren't they? Sure coulda used them on those long and boring (are we there yet?, a la Bart Simpson) car trips.

I have tried a few Kakuro puzzles but got frustrated at sorting through all the possibilities for an answer. Kay enjoys them though. They (Suduko puzzles) do help the miles pass a little quicker, too.

i haven't had time to look at this one, jim. you got me on the stupid sudoku puzzles, darn you!
smile.gif

Steve: It took weeks before I could solve one of these - like until this week. I still keep learning combinations that are basically forced. The obvious one is that a 4 has to be a 3 & 1. But 16 will be 9 & 7 for two squares and 17 will be 9 & 8. for 3 squares, 7 will be 4, 2, & 1. 23 will be 6,8, & 9. 22 will be 5, 8 & 9. Then it's a matter of figuring out the order. For a 7 square one that is 28, it has to be 1,2,3,4,5,6, & 7, in some order. 21 is 1-6 for six squares. 15 is 1-5 for 5 squares,...

T. - The puzzle books, in addition to the computer, probably would have been very helpful during pregnancy, right?

an air conditioner that worked like it's supposed to woulda helped, too. i was miserable. i gues i coulda laid in bed with a pillow and a sudoku book. especially when i got fired. i'm in the middle of a puzzle now.

Back