Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: insect Bites/stings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Schmidt Sting and Pain Index

I rember some one complaining about Fire ant bites. multiply that by about 20 and im sure you got a bullet ant bite.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny stuff. Is their a more comprehensive list anywhere? I'm curious to find where a creeping water bug(not one of the big ones fortunately) fits in. I've been "stung" by harvester ants and I don't think his description fits. It felt like someone stuck a burning needle in and then hit your thumb or whatever with a hammer(turned tingly and then numb). The water bug felt like a nail and then turned numb.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahem that was me witht he ant haha. realy?!?!? i saw bullet ants at an insecterium and they were huge!
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    problem with any pain index is that different ppl react differently to venoms. a friend of mine can shrug off a yellow jacket sting but to me its a miserable experiance, i almost always get stung on the hand and my finger will swell up hurt and itch like hell for a few days and i will get a whopping headache. honey bee stings just feel like i have a small sliver because of the stinger but the venom is darn near unnoticable for me.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I guess youre right, but its still kinda neat knowing he went all over the world Just to get stung/bit by things.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    didnt say it wasnt neat, would be cool to see these guys all over the world but a pain scale is only truely applicable to that person. a good example is my wife and i. she can deal with a migraine for a long while before it knocks her on her **** and its usually the nausea that does her in first and not the pain. i on the other hand cant stand head aches and it doesnt take much of one to knock me on my rear cause i have a hard time tollerating that type of pain cause i cant ignore it. on the other hand ive got bad knees and have been known to work on my feet until i puke from the pain if something needs to be done cause i can mostly ignore pain in my extremities(other than yellow jacket stings ) until its to the point i am physically ill from the pain. the wife can ignore the pain from her migraines until they are this bad but she doesnt handle injuries as well as i do. its different for different ppl
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/