Here are the NASC auction rules. *They are not quite complete but this will give you a chance to look them over and ask questions if you have any. *Once complete, these rules will be posted and PINNED in the auction forum for viewing at all times throughout the auction.
THE 3RD ANNUAL
NORTH AMERICAN SARRACENIA CONSERVANCY
If you have nothing to offer...don't worry! *Direct monetary donations of any amount are also appreciated. *
This is a charity event to raise money to fund operating and project expenses for the Sarracenia conservation organization NASC.
Please bear in mind this is all about DONATIONS to NASC and having FUN!
We hope you can find something you've been wanting.
THANK YOU all for participating! *GOOD LUCK in bidding!
[b]It Takes a Community to Make a Difference!
* LISTING PERIOD: *Saturday, June 3rd, 8 p.m. Central through Sunday, June 18th, 8 p.m. Central time. . *Starting and ending times will be approximate since the forum is manually opened and closed. *You may post a listing at any time throughout the auction period. *All items are open for bidding during this time. *High bidder at the end of the auction is the winner.
* AUCTION IS OPEN TO: the general public! *You do not have to be a TerraForums member to donate (list) an item or bid (buy) on an item. *You are welcome to join TerraForums if you'd like...we love new members!
* WHAT CAN BE LISTED FOR AUCTION? The auction is open to any legal item CP or non-CP related. *Anything that may bring donations ($$$!) is acceptable (plants, seeds, artwork, gardening tools, T-shirts, lights, pots, gift certificates, etc.). *Be creative! *We need items and bids!
* FOLLOW THE LAW: The lister (donor) and buyer are responsible for making sure that all interstate transfer laws, phytosanitary laws and CITES rules are strictly adhered to. *A lister has the right to refuse foreign bids (U.S. only).
* PAYMENT FOR A WON ITEM: *Payment can be made by personal check, money order, cashier's check or Paypal.
More on payment stuff later!
***VERY IMPORTANT*** When you send in your payment, you MUST include the following information for:
1) Your first and last name
2) Your TerraForums ID (if a member)
3) Phone number and email address *just in case* we need to contact you
4) a) EACH Item you won
* *b) Ending bid (price) of each item
* *c) The FORUM name of the donor (so they can be notified to ship!)
There will be a payment form available for download so you can print it, fill it in and mail with any payments coming via snail mail.
* LISTING AN ITEM: *Anyone can donate (list) an item for auction including non-TerraForum members! *Each item donated will be listed as an individual TOPIC under the NASC Auction Forum. *All bids for that item will be posted in that thread.
Each lister (donor) must include the following information in their opening topic:
1) Opening bid amount
2) Item description
3) Who is to pay for shipping (seller or buyer)
4) If its U.S. shipping only or if you will ship internationally
5) Some form of contact info (PM or email) so the winning bidder can contact you about shipping addresses and fees
All listings must have an opening bid price. *Minimum opening bid is $2 but opening bid can be higher. *This will be used in lieu of reserves to ensure no item sells for an unreasonably low price. *Please keep opening bids below what you consider or know the value of the item to be. *"Bargain hunting" encourages bidding.
For example: *Listing...one pack of 20 byblis seeds; opening bid $2. *Listing...one Nepenthes rajah seedling; opening bid $15.
You are encouraged to post a photo of your item (please, out of respect to dial-up users, keep your photos a reasonable size). *If no photo is available, please provide a DETAILED description of your item (species, size, age, condition, etc.). * If you'd like to make an "estimated value" on your item, you may but keep it fair and reasonable. *Please keep an eye on your listing(s) in case a bidder has questions for you.
* BIDDING ON AN ITEM: *All bids will be placed within the topic for each item; the thread following that topic (item) will be all bids posted and pertaining to that one item. *All amounts are in WHOLE U.S. DOLLARS.
**Bid increments:** *Please keep bids to WHOLE dollar amounts (no cents).
Bidding increments will be based on current high bid.
If the current high bid is between:
$1-$19 you may place a bid no lower than $1
$20-$49 you may place a bid no lower than $2
$50 + you may place a bid no lower than $5
Bids higher than these minimums may be placed at any time.
For example: *There is a nepenthes listed; its current high bid is $5. *You must bid AT LEAST $1 more (total $6 bid), but you can bid HIGHER (in even dollars). *The nep bidding goes up to $20; you can bid $22 or higher (in $2 increments); the nep reaches $50; you can bid $55 or higher in $5 increments.
NOTE: If you do not understand bid increments, please contact me (PlantAKiss) or another moderator. *We must have bid increments so people don't outbid by a few pennies.
**No bids can be edited and changed once posted. *You may bid as often as you wish. *No bids accepted past close of auction.**
* IF YOU WIN AN AUCTION: *Winner is high bidder at auction close. * Winner should contact the lister/donor within three days to make shipping arrangements. *Payment for the ITEM WON will go directly to Dave Schloat, Treasurer for NASC (see payment methods and address above); please do not send item payment to the seller! *But DO remit any shipping fees directly to the seller.
* SHIPPING FEES: *The LISTER (DONOR) will choose who pays the shipping on their item. *He/she may offer to pay shipping OR require the bidder to pay shipping costs; this information MUST be included in the listing information so the bidder knows prior to bidding who will pay the costs. *Shipping fees and/or restrictions should be clearly posted in the listing (item topic); shipping costs can be estimated. *Seller/donor should take all care possible to ensure their item is well packed and will arrive in good shape. ***No item will be shipped until payment has been received.** *Shipping should be done in a timely manner. *Insurance will be at the request and expense of the buyer.
Moderators reserve the right to remove any inappropriate listings, comments or bids.
If you have any questions, please contact PlantAKiss at TerraForums via PM or by email at
This is a charity event for a good cause so
SERIOUS BIDDERS ONLY!
Help make this run auction smoothly by following the rules, being responsible and being a good sport. *No deadbeat bidders--bid only on what you can pay for.