What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LG VX9800 or  LG VX8100

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Hello everyone, My "new every two" is about to come up and my wife and I are looking at upgrading to the LG VX9800... I was wondering if any one here uses this phone or knows someone that does and could get an openion for us. So far the "reviews" online show it to be a good phone. (The cons are always stuff we don't need anyway email client etc) Anyway, you never know if these companies are telling the truth or if they are giving a good review becaue they were given 50 of these phones and a few years of free service. LOL
Thanks for any views!
Here is a link of the phone details:
http://search.vzw.com/?market=86336&q=lg%20vx9800
Andrew

Oh, I guess I should say the other phone we're looking at is the LG VX8100 see it here so if you have any views on that one, it would be appriciated also.
Andrew

The second link you need youre location for it, and I think the First one you can talk with mies really easly!

LoL
Cheers

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ June 01 2006,11:38)]...First one you can talk with mies really easly!
huh? I can speak to a village in the district of Nyon of the Canton of Vaud, Switzerland, on the border with the canton of Geneva. (?
confused.gif
)

I have an LG phone (not like the one you're looking at) which I did really like until I started having a lot of problems with it. Its over a year old but I don't think that's old enough for a phone to start screwing up like this one is. (Actually the problem could be Verizon and not the phone.) I have been too busy to get by their store and yell at them.

The one thing I HATE about this phone is the button that silences the ring is on the side...and if it bumps anything in a pocket or purse, it cuts the ringer off. I have missed a lot of calls because of that. Don't know what IDIOT thought THAT was a good idea. *eyeroll*

Pak, my wife and I have been through 3 sets (this will be our 4th) of LG brand phones. Over all we have been pleased, so we generally stick with the brand. My parents both have kyrocera (whatever lol) phantom and my brother and his wife generally use motorla or Samsung. Over all, it seems BRANDS are not nessasaraly good or bad. It is individual phones. I like to stick with what has worked (LG in this case and Pioneer Premier decks in my vehicles etc etc) That's why I ask about particular phones... While I have gotten good LG phones, I do know there is some LG crap out there too, lol. But I ALWAYS do my research before picking my new phone for the next 2 years.... Maybe that's why i havn't had the problems my friends and family have with theirs.
smile_n_32.gif

On conversation of the silecer though... My button that does that is inside the flip phone, but if i lean on it right, it activates the silent mode or driving mode (I find both modes VERY anoying lol) But that is better than my parents phones that can barely make, and recieve phone calls, and my brother's old Motorola that would shut off if he leaned on it.
smile_n_32.gif
But, PAK, I do have my last season's cell phones wich work just fine... And you're welcome to one of them if you'd like to use it over your current phone... they are model : LG-tm510 (black) you can see it here We always keep our "last season" phones around so if we have problems with the new ones we just go back to the old one while the new ones are getting exchanged. So now these ones are getting rotated out anyway.....
Andrew

EDIT: Wow, that got really long.
confused.gif

Dandy, the length of your post impressed me.
laugh.gif
I appreciate the offer, but...I do love my phone. I just hate that button. I wish there were another way to silence the ringer that can't be accidentally activated.

They make so many strides in phones within two years, I am expecting my next phone to cook me dinner and do my laundry...and other stuff.
smile_l_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ June 02 2006,2:15)]Dandy, the length of your post impressed me.
I take my electronics seriously. haha- Infact, I just bought a 320 GB external hard drive (WD My Book) to back up my computer. Sooo kewl!! lol

320 GB Wow.. Thast alot of 80 MB exteriors... lol

(their are 100 Meg's in a Gig right? or is it 10?)

Ive found that the Slider Phone's by Kyocera Suck. Definetaly not a Phone for a teenager!

Cheers

Uhhhmm.... LOL

8 bits =1 byte
1024 bytes=1 kb
1024 kb= 1mb
1024 mb= 1gb
1024 gb= 1tb(tera byte)

So, my 320GB external back up is
327,680 mbs
smile_s_32.gif

Andrew

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]he one thing I HATE about this phone is the button that silences the ring is on the side...and if it bumps anything in a pocket or purse, it cuts the ringer off. I have missed a lot of calls because of that.

So that must be whjy you never answer any of my calls.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Dandy, the length of your post impressed me.
laugh.gif

Well I guess the camera works on it.

Haha! I had to read that like 7 times before I " got it"
smile_n_32.gif

Back