Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The ICPS Conference!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill,

The field trips were great, sorry you couldn't make it. Tons of S. purpurea just like the slides. Maybe someone who took pictures will post a few so you can see what you missed.

Many thanks to the bus driver from keeping us from crashing when two cars collided right next to bus!

The best part of the Conference was meeting all of the people, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Thanks to all of the great people I met and thanks to the organizers for putting on a fantastic Conference.

Glenn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glenn -

The best part WAS meeting all the people and sharing stories, info, etc. It would be nice at some point to have a legend for that ICPS group shot.

Glider -

The NECPS is a very active regional group in New England. We meet once a month and our 2 day show is the 2nd weekend in October. There are other regional CP groups that may be closer to you. How far are you from Colorado?

As for moving plants, most of the NECPS members drove down. I just put my plants in big rubbermaid style bins, some folks use large ice chests, some of the larger plants just go on the seat in the back. Jeremiah, of the Colorado group actually flew to the meeting and had to buy a ticket just for that N. jacquelina (just kidding).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill,

If we send the picture out to everyone we know asking to ID as many people as possible we should be able to get names hooked up to faces.

I think Jeremiah took a picture of the registration list as well.

Glenn

Stovepipe (The Beast) RIP My friend. JMatt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeremiah,

Yea that was my tank on the NECPS table. It is one of four that I usually lug around. My wife hates it every time I need to move them. I have a 45 gallon tank, but it's just too heavy to move.

Wild Bill,

Hey bud, are you going to Logees this weekend?
    If you do, I hope you bring your Wistuba stuff.
    We really need to do a groop order from him.
    Later.
    Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glenn -

That's a great idea. When I get a chance, in Photoshop I'll put numbers over the people in the group photo. Then post it somewhere here. Then folks can help us match numbers with names.

Jeff - Yup, I'm going to Logees, but the Wistuba stuff needs to recuperate. Today the baby N. hamata pitchers shriveled up. The growing point still looks good. I will bring that Ceph seedling you gave me back in December. It really likes the tall flower can pot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you all. The BEST part of the show was hanging out with all you crazy CP wackos! I had a blast. Thank you EVERYONE!

Steve LaWarre
    Steve L
    "I'm Lucky enough to get paid to do this!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, I wish I had been able to go. I have only been to one(2000, SF).
    Thanks for all the photos and stuff.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Everyone,

Had a great time at the event. Where else can you talk about carnivorous plants at a local pub drinking pabst blue ribbon beer (my first in 2.5 decades) and eat chinese food with 22 of your cp colleagues.
    Steve... Thanks for the great after hours talk about your cp exhibit project.
    Just as many thanks to Sharon and Carl Taylor for hosting 30 or so people in their suite with some great snacks during Steve's talk.

My scores were:
    One XL terrarium from Black Jungle
    One H. neblinae from A. Wistuba
    One H. heterodoxa ""
    One D. multifida ssp. extrema
    One huge S. flava var. cuprea-Black Jungle via Botanique
    One S. rubra ssp. wherryi Jerimiah Harris
    One D. dichotoma giant ""

I'm a happy guy..
    Ended up leaving a bit early and freaked out the guys at black jungle since I had just told them I was going on the bog walk and they thought the bus had left me at the bog since they hadn't seen me get off the bus prior to it's departure whoops...

Kirk
    Fitchburg Mass

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123