Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auction is going well!

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All

The NASC Auction is up and running! Its going very well. There are some GREAT plant offerings up. Check it out. And don't forget that new items are listed every day...and that "good stuff" is on the last page too. Look through ALL the pages.

Although the auction is going well, we need more donations! If you have any spare plants/seeds sitting around (or just anything interesting), PLEASE consider donating to a very worthy cause.

Remember, as NASC advances closer to its goals, this will eventually mean more Sarracenia available to us all and for less cost. As we propagate both common and rare plants placed into the conservancy, these will become available to the public at lower prices in order to discourage poaching for wild-grown plants. We will HAVE those wild-grown plants in our conservation program! One seed cap can produce hundreds of plants, so imagine how many plants will be under the auspices of our regional growers!

So this is something that will, in time, benefit everyone...and generations to come who will still be able to enjoy these awsome plants.

As Copper said, "Dig deep" and donate!

We thank all of you who have already generously donated some great items!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope some of you are holding back to make the second week of the auction interesting. We have 10 more days to go. I hope we can make it to at least 6 pages of listings. That would beat last year's five pages.

Thank you all!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've got a few things on the donation list, but I wanted to get through finals and graduation and all that messs. I should get a chance to take inventory this weekend.

Keep it comin' folks! We're off to a great start. And a big thanks to all of the people who have donated already.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well new donations in the second week are always good. It keep the auction fresh! I have a few more things to list myself a little later.

There are so many good things out there its hard to choose what to bid on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This auction is very frustrating for those of us who can't bid. So many plants I'd love to buy..... but can't

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You said it indymental....
    "You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public" -Scott Adams-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know...I know. I really wish everyone could participate. All the import laws make it difficult for non-US folks. I know they exist for a good reason but it sure would be nice if shipping plants worldwide were easier.

And I know that not having a lot of money is a problem too. I'm sure I'll be outbid on everything I want. But its for a good cause so I can't be too grumpy. I'm still gonna try though.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Sheila & Zak: If it's any consolation, I know how you feel. There's been many a time I checked out the CPUK auction forum and saw something I would have liked to have. Oh well...
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast