What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction is going well!

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hi All

The NASC Auction is up and running! Its going very well. There are some GREAT plant offerings up. Check it out. And don't forget that new items are listed every day...and that "good stuff" is on the last page too. Look through ALL the pages.

Although the auction is going well, we need more donations! If you have any spare plants/seeds sitting around (or just anything interesting), PLEASE consider donating to a very worthy cause.

Remember, as NASC advances closer to its goals, this will eventually mean more Sarracenia available to us all and for less cost. As we propagate both common and rare plants placed into the conservancy, these will become available to the public at lower prices in order to discourage poaching for wild-grown plants. We will HAVE those wild-grown plants in our conservation program! One seed cap can produce hundreds of plants, so imagine how many plants will be under the auspices of our regional growers!

So this is something that will, in time, benefit everyone...and generations to come who will still be able to enjoy these awsome plants.

As Copper said, "Dig deep" and donate!

We thank all of you who have already generously donated some great items!

I hope some of you are holding back to make the second week of the auction interesting. We have 10 more days to go. I hope we can make it to at least 6 pages of listings. That would beat last year's five pages.

Thank you all!
smile.gif

I've got a few things on the donation list, but I wanted to get through finals and graduation and all that messs. I should get a chance to take inventory this weekend.

Keep it comin' folks! We're off to a great start. And a big thanks to all of the people who have donated already.
smile.gif

Well new donations in the second week are always good. It keep the auction fresh! I have a few more things to list myself a little later.

There are so many good things out there its hard to choose what to bid on.
smile.gif

This auction is very frustrating for those of us who can't bid. So many plants I'd love to buy..... but can't
confused.gif

You said it indymental....

I know...I know.  
smile_h_32.gif
 I really wish everyone could participate.  All the import laws make it difficult for non-US folks.  I know they exist for a good reason but it sure would be nice if shipping plants worldwide were easier.

And I know that not having a lot of money is a problem too.  I'm sure I'll be outbid on everything I want.  But its for a good cause so I can't be too grumpy.  
smile.gif
 I'm still gonna try though.

@Sheila & Zak: If it's any consolation, I know how you feel. There's been many a time I checked out the CPUK auction forum and saw something I would have liked to have. Oh well...

I hope we will hit page 5 SOON. Keep the donations coming. I'm sure many of you have seed tucked away. If we could get some more seed offerings, perhaps our international supporters could join in.
smile.gif

And don't forget "leaf pulls"...Mexi pings and some 'dew reproduce well from leaf cuttings. Plant offsets too.

From the simple to the sublime, we will accept all donations! Every little bit helps. If you donate, all you have to do is safely pack your item and ship it. Its pretty simple.

Thanks to all of you for the donations so far. You've been GREAT!

I'm stil waiting on my tiny contribution, figured since I know they won't command too high a price or too much interest, they only needed one week to list, didn't wanna make any clutter
biggrin.gif

There is some killer stuff on there but I have a feeling this weekend might see more crazy stuff
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (indymental @ June 08 2006,5:45)]This auction is very frustrating for those of us who can't bid. So many plants I'd love to buy..... but can't
confused.gif
Sheila,
That's why I went ahead and donated some Sarracenia flava var atropurpurea seed.... can ship outside USA...
456.gif
455.gif

Because I don't know for sure what can/cannot be shipped outside the country, I will not ship outside of the US. I don't have time to do the research right now, but if someone can prove to me that it's legal (without a lot of paperwork) to send one of my items, then I'd be more than happy to send it outside the US.

Back